15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Soooooooo the number of eggs I'm setting has ballooned. To 36+, rofl...

The eggs!
1000005221.jpg

1000005220.jpg

😹

Last edited:
The setup of the incubators are a bit underwhelming because I had to get them out of my room. They are in my office/game/cat room? Not sure what it's going to be yet but my pc is in there with two cat boxes..... can't wait till they want to be outside most the time.

Anyway pictures of the work in progress. The inspector kitty is making sure we are up to code.
1000005217.jpg

I'm not going to set mine until the 11th or possible the 12th as I think it best to keep the silkies the same age as the Bresse chicks so they can brood together for a couple of weeks. That will make it a lot better on my busy mind. I've got a hatch going already this weekend and another larger hatch the following weekend already. Me mind is play ring around the rosy with me already.

I'm not going to set mine until the 11th or possible the 12th as I think it best to keep the silkies the same age as the Bresse chicks so they can brood together for a couple of weeks. That will make it a lot better on my busy mind. I've got a hatch going already this weekend and another larger hatch the following weekend already. Me mind is play ring around the rosy with me already.
Yeah, I'm setting another 24 a week after those hatch. But they are coming from a breeder, GypsyHen.

I am late to the party but I’ve been collecting some of my flock’s eggs to set for the HAL! Currently only setting chicken eggs … if the guineas will give me some eggs before the end of the warm weather I can try to hatch them this year :fl

It’ll be my second time hatching eggs out, hopefully an interesting batch of chicks to come from it this time!
Hens are Wheaten Ameraucana, CCL, Swedish Flower, BCM, and the BYM hens I hatched out last year. I don’t think my Dorking/OEGB x OEGB pullets, Mosaic pullet, Sapphire Gem pullet, or OEGB hen will be able to get any eggs in the mix, I’ll save them for a later date with my second or third batch of eggs I plan to do this year :oops:
For roosters, I had BCM, CCL, Wheaten Ameraucana, Mosaic, and a Dorking/OEGB mix covering the flock as I was collecting eggs. I’ve since removed the BCM, CCL, and Dorking/OEGB cross leaving my Mosaic, and I’ll be swapping this Wheaten Ameraucana roo out, for a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana from a friend, to get some better feather colouring/patterns from my future Olive Eggers I plan on creating … eventually plan on making a separate line of blue egg gene chickens to breed back to my OEs I’m attempting to make this season:th

It’s definitely a “go big or go home” kind of year for hatching eggs I guess :clap

Back
Top Bottom