15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Today I am picking up quail chicks! But I will still be setting the 53 quail eggs for easter!

My husband said I cannot buy more livestock, unless it is lambs from the auction. So I will not be hatching quail for Easter, but I will be hatching them after my current quail chicks start laying.

So instead I will set 42 Lavender Ameracauna eggs. Hopefully they all hatch. I have 4 people on the waiting list so far that want chicks for Easter.

I don't think that I will make it. I will say maybe right now. I am getting some shipped eggs but as of now I believe they aren't going to ship until March 11th so hopefully I will have them the 12th since they are in the same state. Some of the breeds I am getting she doesn't have a ton of hens and has some orders before me, but maybe if I am lucky she will get a few extra eggs the week before and can ship them earlier. :) I am SOOOOOO excited though! I am getting Lavender Ameraucana, Salmon Faverolles (but breed quality with major fluffy cheeks!), her own breed she made that she calls chocolate emerald (a chocolate Wyandotte/Lavender Ameraucana cross that is auto sexing the first generation and will lay blue/green eggs!). and the BEST one of all Lemon Owlbeards!!!!!!!!
:fl Awesome mix of breeds!
I need to get some silkie eggs before the 9th. A friend wants a couple of silkies for Easter.
Always great to have a home lined up. Good luck!
Ok it changed and she is shipping them the 4th. Right now the plan is to set them the 7th so 2 days early. Does that still count?
Yes! Sounds great.

I just put in some button eggs today and have more coturnix eggs coming soon. I'm ready to hatch hatch hatch!
:fl
I'm sure I can round up some eggs to set on the 9th of March. Current eggs will be hatched and out to the brooder by then.
:highfive: Welcome!
My husband said I cannot buy more livestock, unless it is lambs from the auction. So I will not be hatching quail for Easter, but I will be hatching them after my current quail chicks start laying.

So instead I will set 42 Lavender Ameracauna eggs. Hopefully they all hatch. I have 4 people on the waiting list so far that want chicks for Easter.
Wow, that's a lot of eggs. Good luck!
I got antsy and “may” have filled both my incubators just yesterday, but I will definitely follow :pop
I feel your pain. I would be tempted to do the same!

Back
Top Bottom