14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is hatch day according to the calendar. No external pips, but I quick checked an egg from each incubator and we have an internal pip and I could hear baby cheeping.

Attachments

• 1457C45D-4743-49D9-8E3A-C9CAC3E3D94E.jpeg
    1457C45D-4743-49D9-8E3A-C9CAC3E3D94E.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 2
Well, hatch is done. I finally got a decent nights sleep last night. The one last eggs in the incubator was not looking very hopeful and I was tired beyond belief so I went on to bed. My son kept an eye on #13 in the bator. I had candled the last two eggs and one was dis but the 13 one had movement. I put it back in the incubator and went to bed. My son texted me at 1:30 am to tell me it finally hatched! So it is officially 28 out of 30 hatched. Amazing. Here’s the last one. I’ll post fluff pics later today. They’re still not really eating or drinking. I made some mash but they were not impressed. 🤷🏼‍♀️🐣 IMG_0712.jpeg

Well, out of that first batch of Easter eggs, I got three... Out of 30. Discouraged, to say the least.

I still have 49 more to go, though, but not all of those are for the Easter hatch. Really hoping to recoup some of my losses there.

I'll try to get some pics later.
Congratulations on the 3, I hope they are all pullets!

Okay, as promised, here are the three chicks.

View attachment 3464633

Chick #1, Sodapop. Hatched all by itself, giving me a sense of false hope.

View attachment 3464641

Chick #2, Ponyboy. Pipped on the wrong side. Harbinger of what was to come.

View attachment 3464654

And chick #3, little Johnny. A runt that had to be assisted, and I don't know if it'll make it...
They are darned cute…I hope little Johnny pulls through! Raw egg yolk works wonders on weak chicks, if you can get him to eat some a few times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom