14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took 22 chicks out of the incubator this morning!

3 eggs left that I'll candle later to see what's up with them.

The 3 pullet eggs hatched, and I clearly have chicks that are smaller but they're just as lively. One of them was the shrink-wrapped chick. If my theory about stacked eggs is right that makes sense because I had the pullet eggs up on the top layer the entire time since I wasn't really expecting them to hatch in the first place and put my more valuable eggs in the best turning areas.

View attachment 3462337

View attachment 3462338

View attachment 3462339
Man, I love those blue babies. Your profile pic is gorgeous.

I took 22 chicks out of the incubator this morning!

3 eggs left that I'll candle later to see what's up with them.

The 3 pullet eggs hatched, and I clearly have chicks that are smaller but they're just as lively. One of them was the shrink-wrapped chick. If my theory about stacked eggs is right that makes sense because I had the pullet eggs up on the top layer the entire time since I wasn't really expecting them to hatch in the first place and put my more valuable eggs in the best turning areas.

View attachment 3462337

View attachment 3462338

View attachment 3462339
Nice job!

My fingers and toes are still crossed that the final eggs that were due on Saturday will hatch and are just delayed due to the interruption caused by the power outage.
Are there signs of life? Peeping and etc.?

Queenie hatched another one today. Sadly, one of the black ones, got out of the nest and chilled(?) this morning. It was in the kennel, but out of the nest area, and was not cold or stiff when I found it. I hate losing a chick.
We are back to 6 again, with two eggs left.
20230410_133843.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom