14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
OMG, the outcome I was least expecting happened, and all five hatched! It’s hard to get a good picture of all five of them though, it’s a small incubator, so they’re all pretty much bunched together. Right now I’m just waiting for them to dry out so I can put them in their brooder. The older ones are definitely ready to get out.
8B804D30-E288-4079-8966-ACB3B6DCCC79.jpeg

Attachments

• F4786B9E-76D7-4147-8C5A-F289CF8AAB05.jpeg
    F4786B9E-76D7-4147-8C5A-F289CF8AAB05.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 1
3 hatched today. I can't believe how they keep pecking each other so soon...even during the last poor chicks hatch. They seem fine but I'd like to take them out but I have 6 left (some pipped some not). They seem hungry. I'll see how things are tomorrow.
They will be ok without food or water for 24-48 hours if need be. Opening incubator with some of them pipped can be harmful I think.

Right after I signed off the internet last night #20 hatched ( around 10:15?), and then an hour later the full sibling to Headstart hatched. And I found another pipped. But that was all that happened, and I did get a bit of sleep. I went to bed around 3:30 am, set my alarm for 4 to check on them, but turned the alarm off closed my eyes "for a second" and slept to almost 6. Everything was the same as what it was.
Stats: Three Hatched
Three Pipped
Four still working on growing
Day 21 started for me at 7:30 PM yesterday.
one of the pippers made a pretty big hole and it likes to peep. I can see it's little beak now and again and it is still doing the chewing motions that mean it's absorbing the yolk.

I am distracting the hatched ones with food so they stop trying to eat each others toes and beaks.

Attachments

• IMG_8202 (2)smaller.jpg
    IMG_8202 (2)smaller.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom