14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Whip her one time for me... And don't give her any treats this week.
It wasn't her fault....it was mine :th
I'm sure she's already been bred again so we're trying to figure out if we can move her to the new place with Mr Keeks and start fresh. The last 2 babies are buck wild now so probably not moving them.

Aaaaa! One pipped out the wrong side, and another pipped below the air cell, both are ones from favorite hens.
I made an air hole for the one, and the backwards one is making noise, the clicking they make as they are working on absorbing the yolk, and super raspy chirps? It should be ok, it'll just take longer because this was supposed to be its internal pip.
Good heavens, these chicks.

Aaaaa! One pipped out the wrong side, and another pipped below the air cell, both are ones from favorite hens.
I made an air hole for the one, and the backwards one is making noise, the clicking they make as they are working on absorbing the yolk, and super raspy chirps? It should be ok, it'll just take longer because this was supposed to be its internal pip.
Wishing you (& the chicks) luck!

Try to wait until the end of a hatch to make air holes. Making them too early will dry out the eggs leading to sticking.

My philosophy is to let them keep working until you see obvious signs of distress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom