14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
From what I've read, seems some if not many of y'all have chicks already, and they are doing well, glad to hear it. My first ( earlier mama) has 3 out, one unzipping, and 2 pips, (Day 20) all 6 of her eggs made it to hatching stage and I'm proud to say it.
Sneak peak of her with some of them:
20230407_153540.jpg

My mom let me know that her Jersey Giant, Joisie, has officially decided to be broody, she was thinking about it last week.. :) This is good, she is our biggest hen, and can fit a lot of chicks under her.
I feel kind of bad for my little Peachy (bantam) though, she's been a dedicated broody the past 5 weeks.

More wiggly eggs, and some peeping, but no progress yet. I've been getting sleepy while staring at them. Might be a good idea to get some naps in, since I'll probably be up a lot tonight.

I never managed to get the NR 360 unstacked. My babies are going to be in there like fluffy sardines come Monday morning. :eek:

I've got 25 in lockdown, including 3 of the little pullet eggs.

If I can find a better option for a breed basket than the ones that failed I'll put the pullet eggs in it to help protect the little chicks from the big ones long enough for them to get dried out and on their feet.

Two hatches! No pipping from the third egg that should hatch today though, I might have to check it for breathing. The other eggs won’t hatch for another week.

The lighter one in the back is definitely cilantros baby who is also cayennes baby. The black one I think is Wolfs, maybe Mira’s? Probably Wolfs we will see when it dries. I thought the egg it hatched from was sunnys but sunny is a buff and that chick is fully black with some white
IMG_5157.jpeg

I don’t think so. It’s kind of confusing because I set the eggs on a Monday night around midnight. So I count Tuesday night as day one. So technically Tuesday night at midnight should be 21 days. I was planning on setting them up for lockdown on either Saturday or Sunday. I’ll candle them and mark air pockets and remove the turner and place a silicone mat in the incubator.
Still go with your days and watch for pips. When you candle, you can often see if they have internally pipped--their head will be in the air cell.

If you see either, setup for lockdown and raise the humidity to about 65%.

Two hatches! No pipping from the third egg that should hatch today though, I might have to check it for breathing. The other eggs won’t hatch for another week.

The lighter one in the back is definitely cilantros baby who is also cayennes baby. The black one I think is Wolfs, maybe Mira’s? Probably Wolfs we will see when it dries. I thought the egg it hatched from was sunnys but sunny is a buff and that chick is fully black with some white View attachment 3459126
Nice!

Not all of mine made it to lockdown. Most of the duck egg's got to smelling stinky, so I guess they must have been too old. One did make it to lockdown, and a Welsh Harlequin baby girl hatched this morning. So, far it's the only egg that has hatched. She's still sleepy and hasn't kicked off the last part of the shell yet.

Not all of mine made it to lockdown. Most of the duck egg's got to smelling stinky, so I guess they must have been too old. One did make it to lockdown, and a Welsh Harlequin baby girl hatched this morning. So, far it's the only egg that has hatched. She's still sleepy and hasn't kicked off the last part of the shell yet.
I didn't even realize you had ducks. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom