14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
*HUGS* I hate Marek's Disease. I also swore I would never ever hatch eggs again, because I've also been losing birds to F'ing Mareks. Usually my favorite-estest ones. But I've had sneaky broodies the past two years, so I loosened it to, "when there are less birds" and I've been good for TWO years.
I lost my absolute favorite (the friendliest bird I've ever had) from the last sneaky hatch to Marek's not too long ago. I have her sibling in the shell right now, whom I hope will be more robust.
I hope I get some lines that are more resistant to the strain in my flock.
Me too but birds that survive marek pass some imunity to chiks😚

Well my eggs hatched on the 4th of April. I set 12 Beilefelder eggs and on candle at day 11, one was clear. Of the other 11, 10 have hatched, 8 females and 2 males , I am giving the last one a day more, seems to have pipped last night.
2023 chicks 2.jpg

Day 17: the little eggs went in lockdown yesterday. These are bantams, so I’m expecting a hatch on Thursday. Out of the dozen I had shipped to me, I’ve had 5 get to this point. Thus far, I haven’t heard any peeps, which is hardly surprising given that I spent way too much of my youth with headphones on. No external pipping either.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how well the cheapo incubator I bought has maintained temp and humidity. Not much variation at all. Just check in every several hours and you’re pretty much good to go.

So, yeah, I’m probably way too excited for an old guy such as myself, but I’m really looking forward to welcoming the little critters.
I have a clutch of bantams going myself! Locking down in about an hour, hoping to hatch on friday/Saturday! Mine are showgirl silkies, bantam orpingtons and bantam wyandottes. Started with a dozen, now I'm down to 8, but not too bad for an early hatch!!

Best of luck to you and little ones!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom