14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Really don't want to enter as my eggs aren't due to hatch till the week after Easter. But I put 12 bantam eggs in my Brinsea Mini Eco on March 31.

Swore I was done hatching and would never never never ever hatch any more chicks given the number of birds I have now but Thank God since I spent three to four years fighting Marek's, I look at my flock of old and young birds and they whisper to me...never never never EVER say Never!

So I wanted to add my eggs to the count and here it the scene on my kitchen counter on March 31st:
IMG_3044.JPG

Temp was just coming up and the humidity stabilizing when I took the pic.

Really don't want to enter as my eggs aren't due to hatch till the week after Easter. But I put 12 bantam eggs in my Brinsea Mini Eco on March 31.

Swore I was done hatching and would never never never ever hatch any more chicks given the number of birds I have now but Thank God since I spent three to four years fighting Marek's, I look at my flock of old and young birds and they whisper to me...never never never EVER say Never!

So I wanted to add my eggs to the count and here it the scene on my kitchen counter on March 31st:
View attachment 3453910
Temp was just coming up and the humidity stabilizing when I took the pic.
If they're due before the 16th, you can still participate!

If they're due before the 16th, you can still participate!
Won't work I'm afraid. Their earliest hatch date is the 19th since they are bantam eggs. ETA is the 19th through the 21st.

I thought about setting them earlier but I have to wait till the temp in the feed room where their brooder comes up enough that Momma Heating Pad will keep them warm enough.

Just wanted to show off my eggs a bit, ;) I'll be sure to post pics and share the results though.

Won't work I'm afraid. Their earliest hatch date is the 19th since they are bantam eggs. ETA is the 19th through the 21st.

I thought about setting them earlier but I have to wait till the temp in the feed room where their brooder comes up enough that Momma Heating Pad will keep them warm enough.

Just wanted to show off my eggs a bit, ;) I'll be sure to post pics and share the results though.
I really need to read messages more carefully... Apologies!

Have you joined us in the April HAL? https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/april-2023-hatch-a-long.1567351/

You could list them in the April hatch a long…

I'm quite late to the party, but I had first seen this right after setting my last batch of eggs. I had set 16 eggs on March 17. Candled on March 24, 12 eggs never developed. So I have 4 due to hatch April 8.

Though I do have a question about that - when I candled them, they looked closer to day 18 eggs with how full they were. Practically no space at all! Should I get their brooder set up a day or two earlier than planned? I had initially planned on setting up before bed April 6th.

I'm quite late to the party, but I had first seen this right after setting my last batch of eggs. I had set 16 eggs on March 17. Candled on March 24, 12 eggs never developed. So I have 4 due to hatch April 8.

Though I do have a question about that - when I candled them, they looked closer to day 18 eggs with how full they were. Practically no space at all! Should I get their brooder set up a day or two earlier than planned? I had initially planned on setting up before bed April 6th.
It wouldn’t hurt! My smaller eggs seem to always start pipping on day 20, so I set up my brooder on Day 19. Never needed it that early but the one time I dont…lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom