14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Somehow I just saw this thread. Set my eggs a day early for the Easter hatch. I set them late Friday night. Shipped eggs 24 shipped eggs with 5 of my own set up in my NR360.
28C31589-B002-49E2-9BDD-ECC3B03FE7C0.jpeg
Thanks for joining!
MemberSetting eggs
@Bkayeyes

I am a yes. :)
I just discovered/remembered this weekend I HAVE a couple hens from my favorite hen, and the one lays green eggs! I always thought it was my EE laying those, but she just passed away this year. They are half polish and crazy, so I try not to interact with them too much (they panic/stress out, Polish side).
So I have a few eggs from that crazy Starsky, crossed with Dingus Sr. (he is isbar, and the only reason why he is still around with my hens), and two from what I HOPE is Digger.

I am a yes. :)
I just discovered/remembered this weekend I HAVE a couple hens from my favorite hen, and the one lays green eggs! I always thought it was my EE laying those, but she just passed away this year. They are half polish and crazy, so I try not to interact with them too much (they panic/stress out, Polish side).
So I have a few eggs from that crazy Starsky, crossed with Dingus Sr. (he is isbar, and the only reason why he is still around with my hens), and two from what I HOPE is Digger.
Spreadsheet updated!

Mother convinced me to add two more eggs to my broody who has 4, I recently told myself i wouldn't add late eggs anymore, but she convinced me to, saying its only off by half a day. She now has 6, the two new ones are Buff Orpington hen and Ee rooster (Possibly a mottled java rooster but something tells me thats unlikely )
Also, question, what if the eggs hatch late, as in after day 21, but do hatch- Would they still count as easter chicks in this thread?

I will not be setting eggs today, Rooster is sick and hasn't been mating. After researching it seems to be gout. But he has a few broken pin feathers that has been causing him some trouble, he's not happy with me for pulling them out, but I didn't want him to bleed out. He's been hiding from the girls, like he's just lost his mogo. Disappointed, but we'll be buying a few chick's from our local hatchery and maybe hatch next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom