14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Got my eggs yesterday and ended up with all bantams!! I'll be setting mine on Sunday instead of Saturday, as I have typically hatched bantams at 18-20 days versus 21. I figure, if I start a day later, I could either be right on time with everyone else, or a day or two early. It's not constant so it's hard to say for sure!! Some are silkies, which I've always had hatch at like 19-20 days, and some are bantam orps and bantam Wyandottes, which could go any time after day 18!!

So exciting! Getting the 'bator set up tonight so it can run a couple days and then we are off to the races!!
Annnnnndddd...... they're in!! 1 dozen bitty baby eggs in the 'bator, warming up and getting cozy!!

Attachments

• 20230319_105936.jpg
    20230319_105936.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 0
I hadn't planned to participate. I said "no more chicks" but I have a first time broody and it seems a shame to not let her hatch some babies.
She is a 7 month old bantam cochin, named Queenie, and I gave her eggs yesterday. I'll get pictures of her nest today.
Her coop mates are another mottled cochin, a sebright, and a full size black star. The males are a porcelain game hen and a bantam buff brahma. Should make for interesting chicks if any hatch.
None of my big girls are broody yet.
Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom