14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
My little Dutch/Mille Fluer d'Uccle cross hen that had gone broody is laying eggs again (had to put her in broody jail to get her out of it), yay! Also, we think my favorite olive egger is laying, even though she hasn't been looking to well lately.
My mom is collecting ALL the eggs for me this week and next, and I'll pick from those. We have it so eggs from each coop are in different cartons so I can figure out which one is which. I think I'll use my incubator, then pop them under the two current broodies (sisters actually). Not liking the thought of them being broody for so long, it's not good for them, but broodies are the best for raising the chicks, so I'll see. Might have different broodies by the time we get to hatch day. I think I will also l do a Friday 17th set, works a bit better for me timewise.

One pair I am eager to see chicks from is a white crested blue polish hen x isbar/olive egger (creamlegbar and cuckoo marans cross). I am hoping for some cool crested, not too crazy (Polish, am I right? *haha* goofy birds) chicks that lay blue/green eggs. I am still not exactly sure how egg genetics work, so I hope the roo got blue or green and not brown.
That is good news!

Yes it will be so I set 10 clb 6 bcm 4 ac 4 Bielefelders last night and I'm gonna try to get some pure breed buckeye eggs from my flock to hatch or I may do some cochin and brahma x with cemani for Easter hatch
That is a nice mix!

Number 44 Grandchild got here last Saturday. 7lbs. 2oz. 20 inches long.
Screenshot_20230305_114310_Messages.jpg
20230307_171208.jpg
image.jpg

I was going to get 14 serama eggs from about an hour and a half away on my last weekend off last Saturday but my husband said there would be a snowstorm so we delayed it to my next weekend off on the 18th. Just realized from this thread that they'll hatch around Easter. One of my OEGB hens was broody for only a day on the 8th. If there will be a broody by the 18th, I will give her 7 and the other 7 I'll put in my Hovabator that I think is about 20 years old. Being serama eggs I'll be happy if at least 7 hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom