14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I may have to be moved to a maybe, my Rooster that I had planned on breeding was taken by a hawk. Calico will be missed. My other Rooster, is older, and I I haven't noticed him mating with the girls since the disappearance of my younger rooster. It's like he's lost his mojo... I will give it a couple weeks of oberservation to know for sure if he'll mate.

I may have to be moved to a maybe, my Rooster that I had planned on breeding was taken by a hawk. Calico will be missed. My other Rooster, is older, and I I haven't noticed him mating with the girls since the disappearance of my younger rooster. It's like he's lost his mojo... I will give it a couple weeks of oberservation to know for sure if he'll mate.

The girls who were mating with Calico may still retain his sperm for a full month.

I’m going to try…. Last week I hatched 16 baby chicks and sold them all the next day. Tomorrow I’m going to be putting duck eggs in… so they should hatch the 28th of march. But this afternoon I should be buying another incubator so I’m hoping to set that one to hatch that day.

What day are we supposed to set duck eggs and chicken eggs?

What day are we supposed to set duck eggs and chicken eggs?
Type of EggDays to HatchSet Dates
Emu49 - 55February 12 to February 18
Muscovy duck35March 4
Goose28 - 32March 7 to March 11
Pheasant22 - 29March 10 to March 17
Mallard (derived) duck, goose,28March 11
Turkey, Guinea, Peafowl28March 11
Call duck and other bantam ducks26March 13
Bobwhite quail23March 16
Seramas other small bantams19 - 21March 18 to March 20
Chickens21March 18
Pigeons17 - 19March 20 to March 22
Coturnix quail18March 21
Doves14 - 16March 23 to March 25
Button quail16March 23

Copy of 2023 Easter Set Dates_2.png
Wow! I guess I better collect the Muscovy eggs! March 4th is right around the corner!

Yup! Still don't know for sure if I'll be hatching any, but at the very least we'll be getting some chicks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom