14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
:frow Nn's? Here's a hatch from years ago. View attachment 3406237
Nn's are the cutest little buggers 😍!!
Definitely will be ordering chicks, not sure what I plan on putting in incubator yet.
My oldest daughter has been saying she wants to get quail this spring and I've always wanted them so leaning towards buying a bator full of eggs. Have a couple people near me I can get hatching eggs but they are pricey with the cost of eggs right now so have to compare them to ebay eggs and whether or not it's worth getting cheaper and dealing with iffy shipped eggs.

My maybe is now a no. It's a combination of things but my heart's just not in it. My dad's been in the hospital and things just haven't gone well. He's not likely to be with us much longer. I may try to pop in and see how things are going but knowing me, I probably won't be back until next year's EHAL.

Good luck and I hope everyone has a good hatch.
I am sorry to hear about your Dad!

I don't dare buy a second incubator. Not unless I build another brooder (which would require running additional exterior electric). I'm having to tightly time my hatches for when I expect to take the current batch off heat already.
Yeah, my living room has been a constant rotation of various ages and quarantines! I have Rubbermaid brooders, Guinea pig cage brooders, soft sided dog pen grow outs…it’s chaos! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yeah, my living room has been a constant rotation of various ages and quarantines! I have Rubbermaid brooders, Guinea pig cage brooders, soft sided dog pen grow outs…it’s chaos! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I have one brooder. Outside.

I think that my DH would mutiny if I tried to do more than that unless I was being paid up front to raise chicks for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom