14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am waiting for my olive egger, Digger, to start laying again! I popped one of her eggs under my sneaky broody QT Pie last year and it was a rooster. 😩 I told her " Give me some PULLETS this year!" :jumpyAlso waiting for the broodies, and warmer weather. :fl

I have Mareks in my flock of 57, so I was waiting for a reduced flock before getting more (vaccinated from a hatchery), but I also have favorite hens I want chicks from (and an Isbar rooster, who'll give that green egg gene. He is a douche sometimes to the hens when doing his business, 😒if he wasn't an Isbar...). I've waited two years, I am afraid if I wait 'til next year they might pass before I get chicks. :hit

I am waiting for my olive egger, Digger, to start laying again! I popped one of her eggs under my sneaky broody QT Pie last year and it was a rooster. 😩 I told her " Give me some PULLETS this year!" :jumpyAlso waiting for the broodies, and warmer weather. :fl

I have Mareks in my flock of 57, so I was waiting for a reduced flock before getting more (vaccinated from a hatchery), but I also have favorite hens I want chicks from (and an Isbar rooster, who'll give that green egg gene. He is a douche sometimes to the hens when doing his business, 😒if he wasn't an Isbar...). I've waited two years, I am afraid if I wait 'til next year they might pass before I get chicks. :hit
It is good that you are working to improve your flocks health!

I would love to, but…. may need to get artificial hips on both sides :( I won’t be able to care for the chickens for at least 6 months ( no bending more than 90 degrees for 3 months per hip replacement ) how do I pick up poop, fill their water/feeder what not, at least I‘ve got a friend who is willing to take on my chickens as long as I can’t care for them ( „only“ 400 km away ) so, as long as I’m not sure if I need the procedures soon, I won’t be adding to my flock
To let you know in case you do have the surgery..I have a brother in law and a daughter that have had this done. They're both doing very well and are very grateful that they had it done. Good luck to you.

I won't be able to participate this time.Makes me sad.MY FLOCK IS down to 8 altogther..I just got released from the hospital.I had a horrible seizure which I've never in my life and it put me in the hospital for 3 days.Hopefully next year.Good Luck to you all!!!! I can't wait to see your pics ♡
Oh no! Good luck to you. Prayers that they get things under control. You folks are going to wonder how I can relate ..again to another problem..well..I'll share a photo in a bit, but when you havev12 kids..grandkids come along g with spouses at my age. I have a Grandson in law that all of a sudden had a stroke. Ever had one before. He works as a medic on the firetruck. Well, they got him on some medication that has been doing wo ders. He can now drive on the truck again. He lives that job. . Zoom..You've got this. It's amazing the things docs can help with these days.
20221231_102437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom