Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I got my tomatoes and peppers planted today but I forgot to put my crushed eggshells in with the tomatoes! Think if I powdered them then put them in water for a few days then used that to water, that it would put enough calcium into the plants?
I don't know. I use granulated garden lime that is fast acting. It's basically raw quarry limestone that's been ground up. It also has magnesium in it that tomatoes need that egg shells do not have. One day I want to do an experiment with egg shells and lime stone side by side. Couldn't do it this year by hopefully next year. I've also seen people put gypsum on top of the ground around the plants as they start to bloom. Don't know how that worked out.

I don't know. I use granulated garden lime that is fast acting. It's basically raw quarry limestone that's been ground up. It also has magnesium in it that tomatoes need that egg shells do not have. One day I want to do an experiment with egg shells and lime stone side by side. Couldn't do it this year by hopefully next year. I've also seen people put gypsum on top of the ground around the plants as they start to bloom. Don't know how that worked out.
I think I'll try my idea first, just to use up the eggshells I've been saving. Then go with the garden lime

I'm going to use Tomato Tone on my 'maters and peppers this year. It's organic, made by Espoma. I've used their Tree Tone on my fruit trees, and I think it has made a HUGE difference to my cherry trees. Their soil acidifier has made a HUGE difference to my blueberries too.

Anybody else use that stuff? I plan to sprinkle a bit around each plant when I put them in the ground.

I'm going to use Tomato Tone on my 'maters and peppers this year. It's organic, made by Espoma. I've used their Tree Tone on my fruit trees, and I think it has made a HUGE difference to my cherry trees. Their soil acidifier has made a HUGE difference to my blueberries too.

Anybody else use that stuff? I plan to sprinkle a bit around each plant when I put them in the ground.
I haven't seen it but if it works that's what counts. I use just plain Epsom salt on my blueberries which is approved for Organic gardening. Don't need much of it either as my pH is about right to start with. I have just one cherry tree that is not really old enough to bear yet. It's in a garden area and is growing very well from what ever the garden plants get. Okra was growing by it last year and this year peppers. It seems to be quite happy. It's a Stella cherry that is being trained as a short bush type tree. I planted that one because it grows in my climate zone and in honor of my late Mother who was a Stella.

Back
Top Bottom