Will Ringneck Pheasants sit and hatch their eggs?

Quailer21

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 24, 2011
Jupiter, Florida
I have a hen and a rooster ringneck pheasant. The hen has just started laying eggs about a week ago. I live in south Florida so i just put some pineneedles laying flat for bedding and put 3 of the 4 eggs on the pineneedles. Will she sit on them? Do i need an incubator? I don't have an incubator, what are best for cheapest price? Help?!?!!? How long until they hatch when she sits on them? This is her first year laying eggs.

Thanks

I have a hen and a rooster ringneck pheasant. The hen has just started laying eggs about a week ago. I live in south Florida so i just put some pineneedles laying flat for bedding and put 3 of the 4 eggs on the pineneedles. Will she sit on them? Do i need an incubator? I don't have an incubator, what are best for cheapest price? Help?!?!!? How long until they hatch when she sits on them? This is her first year laying eggs.

Thanks
selfbreeding of wildfowl in captivity is very rarely but possible. the surroundings must be perfect or if you find incubators to exspensive you can hatch them with broody bantam hens for example silkies which I have personally h great sucess. they normally hatch from 23-25 days mine took only 23 days. but the positive side is how more you take away their eggs how more did they lay. one hen nearly produce me 35 eggs. so good luck

Back
Top Bottom