What gender are my chickens?

AnnieDuck

Chirping
Jun 16, 2022
I am excellent at judging my ducks’ genders but these are my first and only chickens, and I cannot figure this out! My husband says we have one girl and one boy but I think they look the same. They are about 3 months old and they are Ayam Cemani. tia 😃

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    954.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4024.jpeg
    IMG_4024.jpeg
    715.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I hate sexing these fibro birds. They both look like pullets to me.

Be careful putting chickens in with drakes. Different plumbing on both birds. If a drake breeds a chicken, it will injure and/or kill them.

I hate sexing these fibro birds. They both look like pullets to me.

Be careful putting chickens in with drakes. Different plumbing on both birds. If a drake breeds a chicken, it will injure and/or kill them.
Thank you, the drake is terrified of the chickens for now (none of the other ducks are lol) but if that changes I have another coop just for them. Good I’m glad you hate it with these kinds of birds because I thought I was just dull 😂

Thank you, the drake is terrified of the chickens for now (none of the other ducks are lol) but if that changes I have another coop just for them. Good I’m glad you hate it with these kinds of birds because I thought I was just dull 😂
Definitely not dull lol! They're quite a bit more difficult, especially with slow developers. Can't use comb/wattle color or leakage over wing bows as an indication. Also a bit more tricky to see saddles on black birds. For me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom