The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Shoot, I forgot about Eurovision, too! It's weird, all April I was keeping track of how it was building up, and then May hit and it completely left my brain. 😵‍💫

Let's just say it was utterly disappointing. All the countries that have performed so far are probably already uploaded on the eurovision YouTube channel.

The countries that will perform in the final so far (excluding the big 5) are Ireland, Croatia, Finland, Lithuania, Cyprus, Slovenia, Serbia, Portugal, Luxembourg and Ukraine. The rest will be decided on Thursday

Unfortunately, they block most of their youtube channel for U.S. viewers. :hmm I just downloaded a free VPN and set it to Europe so I could watch the full show anyway 😀

Yeah, to me a lot of the performances last night were pretty meh songs with boring staging. I remember thinking that most of them were not necessarily bad songs, just okay. Not very entertaining to watch :idunno

I did rather like Ukraine's song, though. It was pretty! And a couple of the others that made it through were kinda catchy, too.

But Finland, what the heck?? Really leaning into that 'weird guy dancing around and singing about freedom' thing that was so successful last year, huh? 🤣 And Croatia's giving a lot of the weirdness they had last year, too. I was surprised at how popular Ireland's song seemed to be with the audience, but that's probably just my personal taste in music, as I didn't like that one at all. 😬

Uh, swinging back to the actual topic of the thread, how are the peeps doing today? 🥰

Unfortunately, they block most of their youtube channel for U.S. viewers. :hmm I just downloaded a free VPN and set it to Europe so I could watch the full show anyway 😀

Yeah, to me a lot of the performances last night were pretty meh songs with boring staging. I remember thinking that most of them were not necessarily bad songs, just okay. Not very entertaining to watch :idunno

I did rather like Ukraine's song, though. It was pretty! And a couple of the others that made it through were kinda catchy, too.

But Finland, what the heck?? Really leaning into that 'weird guy dancing around and singing about freedom' thing that was so successful last year, huh? 🤣 And Croatia's giving a lot of the weirdness they had last year, too. I was surprised at how popular Ireland's song seemed to be with the audience, but that's probably just my personal taste in music, as I didn't like that one at all. 😬

Uh, swinging back to the actual topic of the thread, how are the peeps doing today? 🥰

Didn't know they blocked it. Odd, considering yall have US Eurovision now, so I thought they've "bridged the gap". I found most of the songs underwhelming to say the least. I really didn't like Croatia, I found Ukraine boring, Finland I won't even comment on, and Ireland was...interesting. I saw videos of people holding crosses while listening to it🤣

The peeps are doing good! Today Haris decided to get drenched for a change

Didn't know they blocked it. Odd, considering yall have US Eurovision now, so I thought they've "bridged the gap".

To be honest, I've heard they were going to do something like that (U.S. Eurovision, that is), but I've never seen or heard any more of it 🤔 The music that tends to be most popular here is definitely not my taste, so I'm afraid it would be pretty disappointing for me to watch. :hmm

I found most of the songs underwhelming to say the least.

Big same!!

I found Ukraine boring,

GASP! ...Actually, fair. I just thought it sounded pretty 🥰

Finland I won't even comment on,

The face I made when you-know-what happened :eek:

...Err, okay, shutting up about Eurovision now :duc

The peeps are doing good! Today Haris decided to get drenched for a change

Ah, bad decision, Haris!! Hoping the little one is dried off and cozy now :fl Glad they're doing good otherwise, though :love

To be honest, I've heard they were going to do something like that (U.S. Eurovision, that is), but I've never seen or heard any more of it 🤔 The music that tends to be most popular here is definitely not my taste, so I'm afraid it would be pretty disappointing for me to watch. :hmm

Big same!!

GASP! ...Actually, fair. I just thought it sounded pretty 🥰

The face I made when you-know-what happened :eek:

...Err, okay, shutting up about Eurovision now :duc

Ah, bad decision, Haris!! Hoping the little one is dried off and cozy now :fl Glad they're doing good otherwise, though :love

I particularly remember one year's US Eurovision winner, it was Texas if I remember correctly, with Alexa. 2021 I think? I'm not one to enjoy Kpop too much, but I really liked that sing, and her performance was outstanding.

IMO Finland should've been disqualified the second he did you-know-what. Some things simply should not be allowed

Don't worry, there's no such thing as too much Eurovision talk, this is a fluffy thread after all

Haris didn't dry completely, I've noticed that as they're aging, they want to spend less and less time under the brooder plate. Soon I'll have to raise it

Of course I had to take a pic of Enya. If she's female, she'll be a breeder for sure (unless she's completely black and white). I LOVE her crest. She's got the best crest out of all of them
20240508_182318.jpg

Of course I had to take a pic of Enya. If she's female, she'll be a breeder for sure (unless she's completely black and white). I LOVE her crest. She's got the best crest out of all of themView attachment 3825590
She's gorgeous!! ❤ Love that little floof on top of her head. :p 💞

Back
Top Bottom