Snowflakes bobwhites incubating

eviefeil

Hatching
Apr 28, 2024
I'm new to quail and I recently hatched a couple of bobwhites and I have more snowflakes incubating (day 4). My power went out for 2 hours and the incubating dropped to 60° F, the eggs were pretty cold to touch, are they dead? Or do I have a chance of hatching a few? It seems like a pretty fragile process haha, thanks!

I'm new to quail and I recently hatched a couple of bobwhites and I have more snowflakes incubating (day 4). My power went out for 2 hours and the incubating dropped to 60° F, the eggs were pretty cold to touch, are they dead? Or do I have a chance of hatching a few? It seems like a pretty fragile process haha, thanks!
I'm not sure about this, but you have nothing to lose to keep going. You could try candle them in a few days or a week and see if you see anything moving.

With chicken eggs, I've heard some have had this same amount of time without heat and they hatched fine. If they were under a hen, she gets up to eat and poop and maybe roam around a while before getting back on her nest and the eggs become cold without an issue. It's just that the two hours for quail I'm unsure about and maybe someone else knows.

Back
Top Bottom