I have had them 2 years now! And Thanks to byc I have learned alot!:p I hatched mine out of eggs with a friend, their names are Galaxy and Nova! They recently had their first successful clutch! I love it when they sing!!! Exept when it's 2 & 5 AM:p

Yes of course! We keep them in our room so I know what you mean!

Do you know anything about genetics? I’ve hatched 3 clutches and out of the first clutch, all 6 eggs hatched. 5 brown and 1 yellow chick. Only a male and female brown one survived, I paired them up and they gave birth to the Red Breasted Hen when I hatched my second clutch (they literally hatched a day apart) no other chicks from their clutch survived. I gave that pair back to my client with my second clutch (she has a whole aviary full!!) the 4 chicks who passed didn’t make it a week. Me being a novice I had no idea to cover the cage and I’m almost positive it was a draft that killed them.

The second clutch had 4 eggs hatch, 3 browns and 1 “yellow”. The “yellow” one passed away after getting its wing feathers in and I have no idea why. The wing feathers appeared to be white. This was when the other pair of brown buttons hatched the red breasted. I introduced her to my original pair, Bonnie and Clyde, and they get along beautifully.

The third clutch, this one I have now, had 6 eggs, only two hatched, the little brown female and the white chick in question. All 3 of the adults are parenting the babies and I think it’s so awesome! (So far) it’s hard to tell in the photo but that’s all 5 of them cuddling - I couldn’t get too close to the cage because they think I’m going to feed them treats so they get all excited and run around!

SO, since the brown mutation is dominant, I assumed all these previous “yellow” chicks would be silver because of the daddy, but where the heck is all this white coming from? What do I have to do to get a silver child?!

(I want ALL the buttons! Muahaha!) I’d love to have a huge aviary with tons of buttons like my client!

Attachments

• 54258F98-75C1-4661-88BE-27B3466E660C.jpeg
    54258F98-75C1-4661-88BE-27B3466E660C.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 4
  • CF4EBC60-F1C0-444D-B34D-5BB0C1611A57.jpeg
    CF4EBC60-F1C0-444D-B34D-5BB0C1611A57.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 5
Yes of course! We keep them in our room so I know what you mean!

Do you know anything about genetics? I’ve hatched 3 clutches and out of the first clutch, all 6 eggs hatched. 5 brown and 1 yellow chick. Only a male and female brown one survived, I paired them up and they gave birth to the Red Breasted Hen when I hatched my second clutch (they literally hatched a day apart) no other chicks from their clutch survived. I gave that pair back to my client with my second clutch (she has a whole aviary full!!) the 4 chicks who passed didn’t make it a week. Me being a novice I had no idea to cover the cage and I’m almost positive it was a draft that killed them.

The second clutch had 4 eggs hatch, 3 browns and 1 “yellow”. The “yellow” one passed away after getting its wing feathers in and I have no idea why. The wing feathers appeared to be white. This was when the other pair of brown buttons hatched the red breasted. I introduced her to my original pair, Bonnie and Clyde, and they get along beautifully.

The third clutch, this one I have now, had 6 eggs, only two hatched, the little brown female and the white chick in question. All 3 of the adults are parenting the babies and I think it’s so awesome! (So far) it’s hard to tell in the photo but that’s all 5 of them cuddling - I couldn’t get too close to the cage because they think I’m going to feed them treats so they get all excited and run around!

SO, since the brown mutation is dominant, I assumed all these previous “yellow” chicks would be silver because of the daddy, but where the heck is all this white coming from? What do I have to do to get a silver child?!

(I want ALL the buttons! Muahaha!) I’d love to have a huge aviary with tons of buttons like my client!
unfortunately a huge aviary unless divided should not house not than a pair of buttonquail... The ones that died were probably killed. Honestly, the most I know about button genetics is that you should get what the parents are... I have a red breasted male, and silver red breasted female, and I got silver red breasted and red breasted chicks... My neighbors clutch was from a blue wild female, and tuxedo wild type make, the chicks were a tuxedo, a red breasted, a wild and a white.:confused:

@ButtonquailGirl14 check out this site. I found some interesting information on it (you might know all this already :D)

http://www.zebrafinch.com/NewButtonquail/WhiteQuail.html

Back
Top Bottom