Rooster mounting duck

We used to have a rooster that had a thing for plastic milk jugs. One day we found him dead in the middle of a pile of them. I guess he died happy. Why we had a pile of plastic milk jugs is another story.

Don't be ashamed, there are others out there too with similar stories! I had a little Banty Roo mix(Clodhopper was his name) that was in his tweens and could not do anything to catch one of the girls. He took a liking to our boys soccer ball and a large dirt clod by our lightpole, hence the name ! He would ride those things as often as he could
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
Sometimes its one of those moments you look at your partner and say "I won't tell if you won't" !

Nothing to be embarrassed about here. I have five young cockerels together (all clutchmates), and the one or two at the top of their pecking order is terrifying the other cockerels trying to mount them.

I can't put them with the hens yet because they won't leave them alone. It is too hot & humid for the older hens to be running from cockerels all day.

I have the same problem and I had wan r ed some answers. My 1 rooster keeps going after my Indian runner duck and he actually mounts her and when he pulls at her hair on outside of Nick, I'm concerned he will be drawing blood soon on her. I was thinking of making a neck protector for her so he doesn't do that again. Since rooster won't stop trying to mate with my female duck, next week he's going to the butcher block.

I’m new to the chicken and duck thing. But I dove right in and bought 10 pullets and 2 ducks. Dolly, my beautiful hen turned out to be Donny, Donny the rooster. They’re all the same age, born the end of February of 2022. Donny is now crowing and mounting Daffy the duck at every opportunity. Hei Hei the other duck tries to intervene. Sometimes successfully. And yes, they an 11x 36 run and large coop.

Back
Top Bottom