Rooster mounting duck

toletiquesbysam

Songster
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Nebraska
I have one crested khaki campbell and one of our roosters just loves her. He grabs her tuft of hair on her head or at the back of her neck and mounts her. Meanwhile she is running around trying to get him off her. When I am out there I end it real quick, but I'm not with them 24/7 to stop it. They are all in the one coop/run my geese/ducks/chickens do I need to separate the ducks out there are 3 of them or remove the rooster?
She is the only one with the crested and haven't seen him go after the other ducks or hens for that matter just the one duck!

I have pretty much the same problem...only with turkeys. Some of my roosters want to mate with my female turkeys. Usually the big male turkeys take care of the problem though. Crazy roosters!

One of my coworkers had a chicken that mated with a duck. They incubate their eggs. One of the chicks that hatched looked like a chick but had webbed feet. It lived for a couple of years until it somehow fell into a cow pond and drowned.

I have the reverse problem, over sexed male duck won't leave the hens alone. He is banned to the outside of the coop and run during the day. He goes in at night and the hens WILL NOT come off the roost until he is put out each morning, even if I don't get out there until 8 on a weekend morning.

toletiques and Lu King: you two need to get your flocks together and get into the turducken business.
tongue.png

yuckyuck.gif

After reading cmom's post I about got
sickbyc.gif
didn't think the Rooster could actually mate her and now I really think I have a bigger problem if they can!!!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom