LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Started sheep shearing yesterday, we managed to do all most one sheep and a patch on another one :th

First we tried the electric clippers but... I can't see things if the move too fast, which means I couldn't see the front of the clippers very well! So that ended up being extremely stressful! I was also struggling to find the correct angles.

The only sheep I have sheared before now was years ago and was with the scissor type ones (I can't work out what they are called!) so we decided to change to those, except the only ones we had where the small version :barnie. With that and being a beginner it took a very long time in the end 😅 . Now I am tired, my joints have had enough and we aren't even completely done with one sheep yet 🫠

This was after doing just her face :lau
IMG_6736.jpeg
IMG_6738.jpeg

Outcast was a nuance as usual! We had Midge laying down right way up while we sheared her and Outcast started ramming her in the back end! Thankfully very lightly but we did have to keep chasing her away because she kept sticking her nose into what we where doing!

IMG_6737.jpeg

Started sheep shearing yesterday, we managed to do all most one sheep and a patch on another one :th

First we tried the electric clippers but... I can't see things if the move too fast, which means I couldn't see the front of the clippers very well! So that ended up being extremely stressful! I was also struggling to find the correct angles.

The only sheep I have sheared before now was years ago and was with the scissor type ones (I can't work out what they are called!) so we decided to change to those, except the only ones we had where the small version :barnie. With that and being a beginner it took a very long time in the end 😅 . Now I am tired, my joints have had enough and we aren't even completely done with one sheep yet 🫠

This was after doing just her face :lau
View attachment 3829186View attachment 3829187

Outcast was a nuance as usual! We had Midge laying down right way up while we sheared her and Outcast started ramming her in the back end! Thankfully very lightly but we did have to keep chasing her away because she kept sticking her nose into what we where doing!

View attachment 3829188
Fun! I get to try Shearing mom’s sheep on Wednesday…

Will be getting more shipped quail eggs soon! I am trying a notes app called Obsidian to keep track of the quail this time, it has a fun weird blobs map that shows you which note links to which note. I am hoping it will make a kind of pedigree

no clue how many of the quail colours have the correct name because nobody seems to agree on half of them
IMG_6739.png

IMG_6740.png

I'm trying to figure out work again for the summer. Dad about blew a gasket when he realized (though I've mentioned it several times before) that I'm working so hard so I can still have the rest of summer off before school starts up. Apparently he thought I was working almost 60 hours a week because I just wanted to.

I'm trying to figure out work again for the summer. Dad about blew a gasket when he realized (though I've mentioned it several times before) that I'm working so hard so I can still have the rest of summer off before school starts up. Apparently he thought I was working almost 60 hours a week because I just wanted to.
Laughing at the fact that he thought you were working because you wanted to.
I hope you get to take a bit of time off!

Laughing at the fact that he thought you were working because you wanted to.
I hope you get to take a bit of time off!
That's still the plan. He reacted as if I was just thinking I was done working after June. I'm still going back to the school after summer. It's part of the reason I even took that job last year, so that I had some sort of break at least

Back
Top Bottom