LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

The genders are my big focus now. They've been getting more 'popular' (I don't know what the right word is, maybe common?) Lately and those are her biggest unknown area.
The more we know helps us become more comfortable with ourselves and others.

A few updates from me.

I've finally decided to get rid of one of the breeding males. It was a hard decision since I love them both but the breeding pen space is becoming an issue. They get along fine but I worry about the space if more birds were added. I will be getting videos and photos of them both to post here to figure out who to keep in regards to coloring.

At work, I've been getting shift lead training. Today I will be doing more training with Jon and finally getting a set of keys.

My Dad and I have been preparing the coop and yards for colder weather. The birds will also be getting more free ranging time than usual starting soon due to the cold temperatures.

I also got roped (kinda. I volunteered and now am being held to it) into making a project for my mom to help her learn some of the lgbtq groupings (I think that's the right word?) she might hear mentioned at work
This might be a helpful visual for your mom: 🤗

Screenshot_20230921_124835_Chrome.jpg

Feel free to spam! Seriously, no one will judge you for too many bird photos. That simply doesn't exist here! If you're interested, here's an amazing thread about dogs, most peeps there spam photos of their dogs as well, and most do weekly stacks Thread 'Dog thread!🐾' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dog-thread-🐾.1573129/

Ooh thank you I'm definitely gonna check this out! I love seeing people's dogs too. And gushing about my dog.

Dog photos please. :pop

Ok, since you insist... 😇

This is my German Shepherd, Kai. Short for Kaiser, but basically only gets called that when he's done something naughty. He is a big pathetic baby, a 45kg lap dog, and he is my world. 💜

Attachments

• 20230722_180732.jpg
    20230722_180732.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230425_174221.jpg
    20230425_174221.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230629_180955.jpg
    20230629_180955.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm afraid I don't get why the levels for each are where they are
I think it's about where we "feel" each item:

Gender identity is how we identify ourselves in our minds (I identify as a woman who happens to have also been assigned female at birth, but our brains don't always match what the doctor who delivered us, or our chromosomes, say)

Gender expression is how we express our identity through appearance (that's why the greens dots are surrounding the unicorn head-to-toe)

Then there's what the doctor assigned us at birth and/or chromosomal makeup (which is where it is for obvious reasons, I think)

And physical/emotional attraction are self-explanatory.

Is that helpful or did I make it worse? :oops:

Ooh thank you I'm definitely gonna check this out! I love seeing people's dogs too. And gushing about my dog.

Ok, since you insist... 😇

This is my German Shepherd, Kai. Short for Kaiser, but basically only gets called that when he's done something naughty. He is a big pathetic baby, a 45kg lap dog, and he is my world. 💜
Awww....what a beautiful boy! 🐕 ❤ Kai looks like a real sweetheart. 💞 Dogs really do become family members, they are everything to our existence!! Thanks for sharing him!!

Here's my boy, Toby....a real couch potato..... :D

20220626_064051.jpg

IMG_20230406_055212183.jpg

I think it's about where we "feel" each item:

Gender identity is how we identify ourselves in our minds (I identify as a woman who happens to have also been assigned female at birth, but our brains don't always match what the doctor who delivered us, or our chromosomes, say)

Gender expression is how we express our identity through appearance (that's why the greens dots are surrounding the unicorn head-to-toe)

Then there's what the doctor assigned us at birth and/or chromosomal makeup (which is where it is for obvious reasons, I think)

And physical/emotional attraction are self-explanatory.

Is that helpful or did I make it worse? :oops:
I'm afraid I don't get why the levels for each are where they are
Or are you referring to the black dots on each line?

Back
Top Bottom