LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Thought it'd maybe be nice to join in on this thread.

So, hi! I'm Sam, I'm nonbinary, trans masc and disabled. My partner and I dream of one day owning our own "proper" homestead. For now, we have a few ducks that live in our back garden, and I adore them. I also keep a bunch of other animals, too, but ducks are my only poultry. I used to keep coturnix quail too, but not right now. I can't work due to my disability and anxiety disorder, so keeping and looking after animals gives me purpose and helps me feel fulfilled. I couldn't imagine my life without them.

So I just wanted to drop in and say hi to fellow LGBT poultry keepers :)

So, hi! I'm Sam, I'm nonbinary, trans masc and disabled. My partner and I dream of one day owning our own "proper" homestead. For now, we have a few ducks that live in our back garden, and I adore them. I also keep a bunch of other animals, too, but ducks are my only poultry. I used to keep coturnix quail too, but not right now. I can't work due to my disability and anxiety disorder, so keeping and looking after animals gives me purpose and helps me feel fulfilled. I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Well hello! Haven't I seen you somewhere before? 🤔

:lau

Nice of you to join us!

Hi, Kaiju! :frow

Welcome to the thread! So glad you're here. 💕

Do you have pics of your ducks? I don't have any ducks, but I think they're so cute!

@Kaiju Hello and welcome to the thread! I totally get the anxiety disorder, :hugs I've been a mess since the day I was born! :D Anxiety was what drove me to recently retire from working, I went to work one day, had a panic attack and decided I'd worked long enough over my days. :gig

Coturnix quail are a fun breed to keep, you can reproduce them SO fast! Hopefully you can one day keep them again!

Back
Top Bottom