Khaki Campbell pricing.

KM2H

Songster
May 24, 2021
What is the average price for khaki Campbell about 3 months old? Also, at what age can one tell apart the sex for this breed? I'm being offered some at $30 per duck.
I'm located in Central Florida.

What is the average price for khaki Campbell about 3 months old? Also, at what age can one tell apart the sex for this breed? I'm being offered some at $30 per duck.
I'm located in Central Florida.
$30 is a tad steep for khaki Campbells especially if the sellers don't know if they are selling males or females. I would never pay $30 each for khakis unless they were from a quality breeder who has their flock tested. Definitely not $30 for a random backyard breeders especially since you are now playing russian roulette with bringing in contagious diseases. By 3 months the drakes should have a noticeable froggy raspy voice. In your head think instead of a frog going rrrriiibbbitt a male duck will sound like rrrraaannnt. A female duck will sound clear and honky almost like a goose.

$30 is a tad steep for khaki Campbells especially if the sellers don't know if they are selling males or females. I would never pay $30 each for khakis unless they were from a quality breeder who has their flock tested. Definitely not $30 for a random backyard breeders especially since you are now playing russian roulette with bringing in contagious diseases. By 3 months the drakes should have a noticeable froggy raspy voice. In your head think instead of a frog going rrrriiibbbitt a male duck will sound like rrrraaannnt. A female duck will sound clear and honky almost like a goose.
Thank you! I didn't like the price either. The seller told me they purchased a large number from a hatchery for a bit over $7 and they lost a lot of them, they are now easy to continue to raise. I have hand raised muscovy so have an idea of what dealing with ducklings is, and I have other backyard breeds just not khaki. Thank you so much for your input.

Thank you! I didn't like the price either. The seller told me they purchased a large number from a hatchery for a bit over $7 and they lost a lot of them, they are now easy to continue to raise. I have hand raised muscovy so have an idea of what dealing with ducklings is, and I have other backyard breeds just not khaki. Thank you so much for your input.
I would worry about someone who has lost "a large number". Ducklings are a lot of work, but I have never lost even one. They are fragile later in life, but hardy as babies. (At one or two years old, get more injuries, then it settles out for a long life)

Baby ducklings cost below $5 Cdn so I don't understand the $7 USD

I would try a real online hatchery rather than this place

Back
Top Bottom