Just re-joined facebook

Sammster

Crowing
Jul 31, 2021
SE Michigan
I left Facebook for 2 1/2 years (before I found this group), and recently re-joined, because all of my glassworking groups and several tutorials are there, and not accessible, elsewhere. I whittled my friends list down to bare essentials. Glass people, golden retriever people, immediate family. Today I signed up to join the BYC Facebook group. Hopefully, I'll see some of you there. :) Look for me @ Sandy Marks LaFond

The BYC Facebook group is run by different folks. I'm in it but rarely go there as there is no comparison to how great this BYC is.

I'm in some local poultry groups though and that's where I buy/sell most of my chicks/eggs, so I know how those kinds of groups can be excellent resources.

Have fun though!

Would love to see some of your glass work. I love art glass even though I've never done any nor am I likely to. Maybe you could start a glass working thread under the Hobbies section here?

The BYC Facebook group is run by different folks. I'm in it but rarely go there as there is no comparison to how great this BYC is.

I'm in some local poultry groups though and that's where I buy/sell most of my chicks/eggs, so I know how those kinds of groups can be excellent resources.

Have fun though!
Is it? I thought saw a post that said it was affiliated. Yes, it's a completely different format. No categories, which makes it hard to follow. You can't pick and choose the threads you are interested in. I agree - this site is far better for asking and learning. I did recommend this forum to a fb man who had recently started out and had some questions. I wonder if he came to see. I don't remember his name. I do enjoy seeing the odd baby chick post scroll through my feed, though. Tis the season! 🙂

Years ago, I belonged to a golden retriever forum that was set up just like this one. It fizzled, when people migrated to Facebook. Its a shame. I liked the structure of the forum better. I am still in touch with several of them on fb (part of my reason for returning) - including the breeders of my current dogs. I'll always be friends with these folks. We were a pretty tight-knit group.

I did find a Facebook group for my grandson's genetic syndrome that I'm finding very helpful. I don't post, I just read. There's so much more there, than anything I've found, elsewhere. Actual people sharing experiences - not just doctor talk.

Welcome back to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place to explore and hang out.
I have not been on FB in long time.
This is a great place. FB is really only digestible in small bites. Leaving was the right choice, at the time. But, it is the best place I've found to learn new glass techniques/authors.

Would love to see some of your glass work. I love art glass even though I've never done any nor am I likely to. Maybe you could start a glass working thread under the Hobbies section here?
I have a photo section link in my signature, if you'd like to see some of my past work. And I do have a thread, sharing just a little. I've only recently started back in. I believe it's in the wrong section, though. I think it's titled "diving back into my hobby".

Speaking only to the BYC FB, I followed it and even my states group for a short amount of time. My conclusion is that this is so much better. Maybe it was just that window of time but I saw alot of random terrible advice lol. With a full time job and farm chores I don't have enough time to waste on FB. This is better use of my time, IMO.

Speaking only to the BYC FB, I followed it and even my states group for a short amount of time. My conclusion is that this is so much better. Maybe it was just that window of time but I saw alot of random terrible advice lol. With a full time job and farm chores I don't have enough time to waste on FB. This is better use of my time, IMO.
I tend to agree

Have fun though!
The BYC Facebook is "our" Facebook profile.

I think what @Debbie292d means is a lot of regulars on this website are not regulars on the BYC Facebook page and a lot of the Facebook people are not too active on here.

Back
Top Bottom