Nero70002

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Jan 28, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a 2 week old Black Jersey Giant, and their comb kinda looks suspicious. I know you won't be able you tell the gender this young and I'm not asking for it yet, but I'll post more pictures as they grow up. Their name is Emo and my other BJG is Missy. I just wanted to know if you guys also thought it was suspicious.
IMG_2182.JPEG

Emo
IMG_2200.JPEG

Missy

I know, I just wanted to know if it also looked suspicious to you guys.
I have a 2 week old Black Jersey Giant, and their comb kinda looks suspicious. I know you won't be able you tell the gender this young and I'm not asking for it yet, but I'll post more pictures as they grow up. Their name is Emo and my other BJG is Missy. I just wanted to know if you guys also thought it was suspicious.

I'm not sure about the combs but the pink foot one is a black australorp. Bjg should have yellow bottoms of their feet.
It's because I took the pictures next to the box, which has a red heat lamp, but when I noticed that it was messing up the pictures I moved it. I'll take more pictures just in case.

Too young. I’ve raised straight run BJG a few times. The biggest difference at this time would be leg thickness. A male may have noticeably thicker legs. Not a definitive factor at this point, however. Also, sometimes the males will have slower feathering tails, but not definitive either.

a BJG should have yellow on their feet bottoms. Combs are single, with 6 points.

do you have other chicks besides BJG? What source for these chicks?

I have a NHR, 2 BJG (hopefully), BO, SS and a Welsummer. The feed store had the first 3 on 1-22 and the last 3 on 2-5. I got them from Standard feed and seed, the first 3 were leftovers. They have BA in stock rn...

These are the other 3
first day
BO
IMG_1946.JPEG

Welsummer
IMG_1954.JPEG

SS
IMG_1980.JPEG

Yesterday (the ones from today wouldn't upload)
BO
IMG_2157.jpg

SS
IMG_2124.JPEG

Welsummer
IMG_2159.JPEG

I also just found out that I used to have another SS chick...
085.JPG

Honey (NHR) and Missy have already escaped from the box but Emo hasn’t. So that means that Emo’s wings are growing slower. They are also bigger than Missy.
E432FC23-88AD-4BD0-801B-67E37426B42C.jpeg
Missy
1A456DB5-79A9-4FCB-B451-D543F45999A1.jpeg

Emo

Back
Top Bottom