Huge lump on my chicken (pointy growth)

Have you tried soaking her scab to soften it in a warm Epson salt bath. Once soft cut small pieces away to see if the skin is still intact. You'll need need some antiseptic while doing this procedure just incase there's blood present.
Did you follow my thread or find this one on your own? I'm curious to see if it's working.

Have you tried soaking her scab to soften it in a warm Epson salt bath. Once soft cut small pieces away to see if the skin is still intact. You'll need need some antiseptic while doing this procedure just incase there's blood present.

If for some reason you decide it's to much to deal with you can also visit a vet for help.
Thank you! That is a good idea. I read someone tried this and there was a lot of blood once removed, theirs died the next day. There aren’t a lot of options though so your probably right, it’s worth a chance.

Hello, I have the same condition happening on my hen. She had a few cuts a couple of months ago but was still eating drinking and was fine with the flock but now over the past several months I finally see that is it a hard growth, some scabbing. I had her in a warm epsom salt bath to see if the chunk would fall off but it did not. I only cracked a small piece off. Didn't want to pull it off and have her bleed. I'll put more antibiotics on her today but she is still eating & drinking. She is in a crate now. The only thing that bothers her is this 2" cone like clump, I thought it was clumped up dirt at first but it's not.

Hello, I have the same condition happening on my hen. She had a few cuts a couple of months ago but was still eating drinking and was fine with the flock but now over the past several months I finally see that is it a hard growth, some scabbing. I had her in a warm epsom salt bath to see if the chunk would fall off but it did not. I only cracked a small piece off. Didn't want to pull it off and have her bleed. I'll put more antibiotics on her today but she is still eating & drinking. She is in a crate now. The only thing that bothers her is this 2" cone like clump, I thought it was clumped up dirt at first but it's not.
Welcome to BYC. This thread is older, and you might want to start a new one of your own with pictures where more people will see it and respond. Just click on the green box in this link to start one:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Back
Top Bottom