How much feed do my pekin ducks need? I took 2 resuces no clue????

I have 6 Pekin ducks that are 6 weeks old. They are still eating grower feed. I have not let them out to free range yet. When they start free ranging, can they eat the same feed as the chickens? Also, I read somewhere that you have to mix water in their feed because they strain it?? Is this true?

They can eat dry feed they just need a lot of water. So besides chickens waterers put out buckets for the ducks so when they eat they can drink to wash it down. My chickens even use the ducks buckets to drink out of.

Thank you for rescuing that was awesome of you.

I haven't heard of a keel either, but definately want to know now too. I feed 8 ducks approximately 4 cups of Purina Duck (the raiser/grower kind) once in the morning and another 4 at night after "lock up". They free range all day. Mine seem very healthy and though interested in the food when I give it to them, never attack the bowl. Good Luck with your new ducks.
Are yours Pekin ducks? Which are a lot bigger than a lot of ducks. Looks like you feed them each a cup a day is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom