How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

One from the GC girls today. Thought both the banties were still broody, bc I didn’t see them in the run as I walked down to the coop. But they both trotted down the ramp as I walked up and the one egg was cool when I picked it up. YAY!!!

*Update*
Flossy has been favoring one foot for a bit and we’ve been soaking and wrapping with black salve, as we couldn’t see any kind of bumble. So tonight after treatment, she dropped a shell-less egg right at the foot of the steps. The other girls ran up for a protein snack. First time seeing one of those. That makes 2 for the day I guess. I suppose that was tomorrow’s egg that hadn’t hardened yet?

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpeg
    IMG_5252.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    902.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
10 yesterday and 12 today. Today's was spread over 4 different nesting boxes - a new record!
In other news, a friend's Golden Comet went broody last month and since she didn't have any roos, she went to the local flock swap and picked up 16 (!) eggs, 14 of which hatched. Since chicken math says I only have 3 chickens, I ended up adopting 4 babies. :)
20240514_151952.jpg

Oops! I didn't notice the paper lining on the box until now.

Last edited:
10 yesterday and 12 today. Today's was spread over 4 different nesting boxes - a new record!
In other news, a friend's Golden Comet went broody last month and since she didn't have any roos, she went to the local flock swap and picked up 16 (!) eggs, 14 of which hatched. Since chicken math says I only have 3 chickens, I ended up adopting 4 babies. :)
View attachment 3832069
Oops! I didn't notice the paper lining on the box until now.
Do you drink coffee? newspaper with print is not good.
I use coffee grounds from a espresso shop.

Back
Top Bottom