Help! I have sick female Pekin duck can't stand is weak and won't eat

This morning she is eating but can stand for awhile then can't but after 10min or so she gets up I feel so bad iam a care giver to a elderly couple that are having some major problems so my time in the last week have been needed more than usual I will try calling more mabe closer vet our feed store carries some things anything u could sujest besides elec lights she is inside and drinking alot

This morning she is eating but can stand for awhile then can't but after 10min or so she gets up I feel so bad iam a care giver to a elderly couple that are having some major problems so my time in the last week have been needed more than usual I will try calling more mabe closer vet our feed store carries some things anything u could sujest besides elec lights she is inside and drinking alot

As I said previously, with such as scenario, you are limited as far as what you can do at home. If she is drinking, that is a good sign - you may try offering warm soupy feed, or mashed scrambled eggs and see if she'll take to that.

Do you have a video of the duck? To post a video, upload it to youtube or Vimeo, and copy/paste the link here.

Do you have any pictures of her feces?

You may read the link below regarding performing a physical examination in poultry and see if you can find anything that may point towards her problem.

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/exot...ltry/physical-examination-of-backyard-poultry

She is drinking alot just sips i. I did mix water w food it was like she tried but would dip back in water and loose it she wanted grass I gave that she had a hard time eating that I payed w her for like a hour last nite messaging her neck pushing down wards didn't fill a bump untill I got down on her chest which I think that was. A bone but I did it anyways it seemed to calm her but I found a vet hosp about a hour away so I'm leaving soon said it would be 4 hour wait I will keep u posted thanks everyone

I'm so sorry to everyone for taking so long to get back about my ducks. Took her to the vet and found out she wasn't getting enough protein from the food Tractor Supply store said would be fine. After getting the right food and adding 10percent dry cat food to the right duck food .she's back to her self again I smash the cat food and still adding water so she eats it better. Thank u to all that responded..

Back
Top Bottom