Freshly hatched chick chirping LOUDLY

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
So this is my second successful hatch. This baby was chirping and chirping so I peaked in and saw he hatched. All wet. Probably just rolled out. He’s chirping so loudly. It’s sounds like a distressed chirp. I don’t want to risk the unhatched eggs by opening the incubator but I’m worried maybe he’s got his toes caught maybe? Or am I completely overreacting and he’s just crying similar to a baby crying after birth?

I’ve had quiet chicks and loud chicks. Maybe this one is just a loud one. Can you see him in the incubator?
I can peak in for a few seconds without disturbing anything but it has a insulation cover so I can’t see inside other than a peep hole where you add water.

I’d check quickly just incase

I just did again and it looks like he’s come completely out of the egg (he was sitting in the bottom earlier). I mean…he looks fine and I can hear him wiggling around, but he’s all wet and sitting down so I can’t really see if there’s anything wrong.

If it's the first to hatch they'll often call to the others and for it's mother. It should quiet down when more hatch. Is there somewhere it's toe could be caught? What's on the bottom of the incubator?

I have a hatching tray that’s a plastic mesh??? The mesh is large enough though that I’d think it’d be unlikely it’d be caught there.

I was astounded at how loud my chick that hatched last Sunday was, I think we forget when we haven't heard it in awhile! But yes, most likely the little one is just calling out for mama and siblings. They really don't like to be alone.

I was astounded at how loud my chick that hatched last Sunday was, I think we forget when we haven't heard it in awhile! But yes, most likely the little one is just calling out for mama and siblings. They really don't like to be alone.
So basically he’s rushing them.
725C4E2F-E149-426B-B10F-B8FA3622DF71.jpeg

I couldn’t help but try to get a pic. Not great but there he is.

Back
Top Bottom