It is plastic coated chicken wire and an aluminum frame. We have a tarp but hubby doesn't want to use it. We have access to metal sheeting for predator proofing, as well as hardware cloth. Hubby wants to take a break first. He keeps saying we don't need predator proofing on it but I'll just start it myself while he's at work.
Did I share my frizzle chicken plush I just finished?
View attachment 3814761
They awesome! I am useless at knitting and crocheting- but I am a darn good baker 😊

You do need to predator proof, coons and fox can break into a coop really easy, and so can weasels and mink. They can actual fit through a 2” space.

Then there are rats - please don’t get me started on rats - I am about ready to catch them with my bare hands and rip the to shreds - they have found a spot and dug under my brick pavers which I now need to break the concrete around them and take up the bricks and redo the gravel under them, reset the brick and redo the concrete- oh joy….

Aske Rebecca about coons breaking in, or Bob about weasels, have you seen the video of the fox on Royal Chicks run?

Fox and coons can dig under the run, so can weasels, and I am betting you also have Fishers there, and maybe Lynx and bobcat?

Everything is out to get your chooks - from the air and land and under things. It’s enough to give me grey hair!!!!

Omg! They made that last shirt just for Kelly!
@Ponypoor
:lau :lau :lau

Yaaaa sorry about the cursing in the video - I thought for sure that one had ‘flown the coop’!!!! Quick little monkeys!

Just got in from chores and the BR was zonked out sound asleep by the door. I was a bit worried something was wrong with her but I think she is just tired - little chipmunk cheeks didn’t even wake up, she was under the brooder. I made sure they were all under the brooder when I finished up, it might be a bit too warm for them. But they can spread out if so. I raised one side of the brooder in case it was too low and too warm.

:lau :lau :lau

Yaaaa sorry about the cursing in the video - I thought for sure that one had ‘flown the coop’!!!! Quick little monkeys!

Just got in from chores and the BR was zonked out sound asleep by the door. I was a bit worried something was wrong with her but I think she is just tired - little chipmunk cheeks didn’t even wake up, she was under the brooder. I made sure they were all under the brooder when I finished up, it might be a bit too warm for them. But they can spread out if so. I raised one side of the brooder in case it was too low and too warm.
Such language! Language tax! :p.

You're forgiven.

Such language! Language tax! :p.

You're forgiven.
Here is tax for you 😊

Rainy day chickies
A38BEC57-EC77-4E21-81FE-281A9A626E32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom