Egg!

Yep! If you'd like, come on over to the house ducks thread and see the cuteness for yourself!

I highly recommend the house ducks thread. It's very entertaining. They allow me to hang out there and I don't even have a house duck.
big_smile.png

Thanks you guys. I love the house duck thread... So much going on there.

Yeah, we're a bunch of oddballs, for sure. :p Hey, how goes the egg stuff? Still having one egg a day? I'm really hoping Bean starts laying soon. I doubt she will, but I still hope for it all the same.

I'm actually blown away that she's laid every day since she started. Its always first thing in the morning & in the nest. Its so bizarre, because my chickens have never done that. The chickens start in the morning, then lay later everyday until they finally take a day off.
Not Mako... That ducks got a tight routine!

Twice shes laid a second, rubbery egg later in the day, out in the yard. She looked totally confused both times she did this, but otherwise seemed healthy & normal. I scoured the duck sites looking for answers & most people said that it was completely normal for her to have some weird eggs in the first month, so I'm trying not to be worried & paranoid.

I'm back on duck eggs ;-) I guess it was just my body doing weird things. Im getting 7 most days now! I only have 7 girls so....yeah.
I have a house duck of sorts this week. Im treating one of my gals with a sprain/ bumble situation. So compresses every few hours and some warm water therapy and whatever else I can think of.
Its funny, she does not poop on me when Im treating her but as soon as I put her in the bath. blllllooooottt. I didnt think they could control their bowls but this is the 3 day of treatment and she has yet to poop on me.
She didnt lay for two days, but now Im back to 7 today. Such good girls.

I'm back on duck eggs ;-) I guess it was just my body doing weird things. Im getting 7 most days now! I only have 7 girls so....yeah.
I have a house duck of sorts this week. Im treating one of my gals with a sprain/ bumble situation. So compresses every few hours and some warm water therapy and whatever else I can think of.
Its funny, she does not poop on me when Im treating her but as soon as I put her in the bath. blllllooooottt. I didnt think they could control their bowls but this is the 3 day of treatment and she has yet to poop on me.
She didnt lay for two days, but now Im back to 7 today. Such good girls.

Hope your body behaves now!

Yeah, I'm convinced that they're able to hold it in at least for a few minutes. Thank goodness!
wink.png
Congrats on the daily eggs from all your girls!!

My last of three females just started laying this morning. I brought some eggs to girls I work with. I'm so proud! You'd think I laid the things myself.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom