Does my coop need to be enclosed? Sorry, *Pic Heavy*

Quote:
Definitely a good idea. Hopefully we won't need it anytime soon but hurricane season is approaching fast.
sad.png

R.M. Hens :

Quote:
Definitely a good idea. Hopefully we won't need it anytime soon but hurricane season is approaching fast.
sad.png

I really like your coop area..
thumbsup.gif

My High desert coop was pretty close to what you have already. Two walls and a roof. The difference is I had dog kennel panels on the open air sides, lined with chicken wire. I REALLY like the idea of having it open so you can walk in and tidy up the place.

We get a little snow in the winter (appx 7 days worth one day at a time) and the last time I had chickens they were fine. When it got cold and windy I stretched tarps over the open sides. My next coop will have a short wall at the bottom to reduce the cost of hardware cloth then shutters instead of tarps for bad weather. I know roost levels were already discussed. My roosts will be hung from the ceiling with rigid bars and clips so I can remove them for cleaning with the hose and a scrubber. I don't want anything resting on the ground if I can get away with it.​

Back
Top Bottom