Covid dosage?

mariesterful

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 20, 2017
Monore, Washington
I have 5-week-old chicks in my brooder, and I've noticed that a couple of them have soft, foamy poo, which concerns me about the possibility of coccidiosis. I've been feeding them unmedicated feed, which may be contributing to their illness. I have CORID-9.6% oral solution on hand and am trying to determine the correct dosage for 1.5 quarts of water for a 5-day treatment. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

That sounds like fairly normal poop for chicks. Are they acting funny?
Un medicated feed doesn't contribute to health issues.
It's 2 teaspoons per gallon. There are 4 quarts to a gallon, so 3/4 teaspoon of corid for 1.5 quarts of water.
At 5 weeks, they're likely to be past ready to be out of the brooder outside.

I have 5-week-old chicks in my brooder, and I've noticed that a couple of them have soft, foamy poo, which concerns me about the possibility of coccidiosis. I've been feeding them unmedicated feed, which may be contributing to their illness. I have CORID-9.6% oral solution on hand and am trying to determine the correct dosage for 1.5 quarts of water for a 5-day treatment. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Photos of the poop?

That sounds like fairly normal poop for chicks. Are they acting funny?
Un medicated feed doesn't contribute to health issues.
It's 2 teaspoons per gallon. There are 4 quarts to a gallon, so 3/4 teaspoon of corid for 1.5 quarts of water.
At 5 weeks, they're likely to be past ready to be out of the brooder outside.
thank you!

Back
Top Bottom