Cocci or intestinal lining?

olilandy

Chirping
Nov 16, 2020
Louisiana
I picked up 3 pullets from a local poultry farm on Saturday. They have been vaccinated and are on medicated feed. They seem to be happy & I’ve witnessed them drinking and eating. Making sure these babies don’t die on me makes me a nervous wreck! Please help me identify if they are ok or not. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3959.png
    IMG_3959.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your reply. I believe they are vaccinated for mareks, mycoplasma, fowl pox, and dewormed.
Intestinal shed.
What are they vaccinated for? If they're vaccinated for coccidiosis and they're eating medicated feed, they cancel each other out.

I picked up 3 pullets from a local poultry farm on Saturday. They have been vaccinated and are on medicated feed. They seem to be happy & I’ve witnessed them drinking and eating. Making sure these babies don’t die on me makes me a nervous wreck! Please help me identify if they are ok or not. Thank you!
Welcome To BYC

Since they are new to you and your property, you've had them since Saturday? I'd go ahead and start them on Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Very likely what you are seeing is some intestinal shedding, perhaps stress, change of feed, etc. but the poop is not quite right imo.

Back
Top Bottom