Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Been really busy trying to get our house decluttered and ready to sell when or IF we can find something else.

Last fall I bought an old wood cabinet incubator. Holds 600 eggs. Got it cleaned out and set up. So far it's awesome!!! Nothing like the foam incubators!!!!! I can open it to pull the lever to roll the eggs, or add water in the top and it goes right back to the same temp and humidity. No spike in the temp when I add the eggs and they warm up. And the water doesn't "suddenly" disappear overnight, yet run perfect all day on the water I added that morning.

I set 4 dozen eggs yesterday. From my own flock. If this works as good as the elderly man that sold it to me said, I will be able to hatch the Malay so much better.

Ready for warm weather and to get started in my garden.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Attachments

• super hatcher.jpg
    super hatcher.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 3
Been really busy trying to get our house decluttered and ready to sell when or IF we can find something else.

Last fall I bought an old wood cabinet incubator. Holds 600 eggs. Got it cleaned out and set up. So far it's awesome!!! Nothing like the foam incubators!!!!! I can open it to pull the lever to roll the eggs, or add water in the top and it goes right back to the same temp and humidity. No spike in the temp when I add the eggs and they warm up. And the water doesn't "suddenly" disappear overnight, yet run perfect all day on the water I added that morning.

I set 4 dozen eggs yesterday. From my own flock. If this works as good as the elderly man that sold it to me said, I will be able to hatch the Malay so much better.

Ready for warm weather and to get started in my garden.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Oh, wow. That incubator sounds awesome! I hope it works well. I love it when I hear people breeding the Malays. Thank you for the update!

Oh, wow. That incubator sounds awesome! I hope it works well. I love it when I hear people breeding the Malays. Thank you for the update!
My all time favorite chicken breed. I've been breeding them for about 10 years now. But it's been really hard hatching them. So I started shipping the eggs. After eggs were getting destroyed I went back to hatching last year. Planning on expanding my flock this year. Casadia Farms and Fowl Attitude have great breeding programs now. Someone just started an international FB page.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello,
We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Henry

IMG_9721.jpeg

Good afternoon
70275491432__CFBC7FEA-B34E-4566-A59E-53E179954007.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 2
this is awkward lol, can’t believe i was messaged about being inactive. I still remember how I used to spend every waking minute on this website when I was younger!! Being homeschooled really was a privilege I didn’t take seriously🫠

But yea, I’ve just been busy lately, mostly with school. I’m a junior in high school, so lots of prepping for college going on. Oh and for those of you who know what APs are, exam week started last week and will be continuing throughout next week so I have been pretty much camping out at the library like a literal refugee to study. I am also downsizing all the animals that I have because nobody could take care of them once I leave for college. That’s a depressing recap lol. I promise it’s not all bad. I just went to see New York for the first time a few weeks ago and that was super fun!! I will check in more over the summer but I do have a lot planned so it will definitely be chaotic.

:frow I'm still here!
Currently I have an ageing population of duckers and so have my hands full with quite a few of them requiring twice daily medication 😵‍💫 other than that life is just the same on the farm as it has been for the last 8 years LOL. Wake up, go do duck chores, go to work, come home, do more duck chores, have some dinner, go to bed, wake up and repeat 😂

Currently I have an ageing population of duckers and so have my hands full with quite a few of them requiring twice daily medication 😵‍💫 other than that life is just the same on the farm as it has been for the last 8 years LOL. Wake up, go do duck chores, go to work, come home, do more duck chores, have some dinner, go to bed, wake up and repeat 😂
Sounds like life is good! :D

this is awkward lol, can’t believe i was messaged about being inactive. I still remember how I used to spend every waking minute on this website when I was younger!! Being homeschooled really was a privilege I didn’t take seriously🫠

But yea, I’ve just been busy lately, mostly with school. I’m a junior in high school, so lots of prepping for college going on. Oh and for those of you who know what APs are, exam week started last week and will be continuing throughout next week so I have been pretty much camping out at the library like a literal refugee to study. I am also downsizing all the animals that I have because nobody could take care of them once I leave for college. That’s a depressing recap lol. I promise it’s not all bad. I just went to see New York for the first time a few weeks ago and that was super fun!! I will check in more over the summer but I do have a lot planned so it will definitely be chaotic.
Long time no see. :frow
Oh my! Sounds like a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom