Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hi, I haven't been on for a while. A few things have happened since I was last here. Of my 10 chicks that I ordered, 4 survived. Have never experienced losses like that! Then, I purchase 4 pullets - that is the way to go IMO. Got 2 Jersey Giants and 2 Ameribellas. Well, the Jersey girls were also the mean girls. They were beating up my EEs so bad! They are now gone.
Replaced them with 2 8 week old Shetland hen pullets. Absolutely adorable little bits.
Also, got 2 Shetland hens that are laying the nicest blue and green eggs. Got a rooster that is a cross between a Shetland and a BCM. Gorgeous boy.
Once the little girls start laying I am going to mix the flock. Very happy with my bird blend.
It sounds like a beautiful flock. I'd love to see the rooster's photo!

Hi everyone, been downsizing to zero with my chickens. It was a great experience I will cherish. But life changes happened so I too have to change. I hope everyone learns the nature of chickens, there such an amazing birds.
I hope everything goes well for you. Don't be a stranger, you have plenty of knowledge to share.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Been busy working and taking care of my life! Been rough around these parts lately! Popcorn is doing an amazing job taking care of his ladies!

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    886.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    900.4 KB · Views: 1
Doing well, minus the fox taking off with one of our Brahma gals this evening...yikes! Attached is a photo of our success in luring the flock away from the cow pasture with treats and back into our yard to gobble up ticks!

Attachments

• 20240425_123628.jpg
    20240425_123628.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom