Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Thanks for the reminder to stop in! We're still in the thick of it!! We had two roos, George and Wilson. Wilson and George were at it no matter the advice we got and I called the seller and she took him back. Highly possible Wilson is divided into home canned chicken soup but I won't tell my husband that... George and hubby are the team. Hubby is Numero Uno and George is el pollo loco! But it's been a couple of years with them, we lost a girl to a coyote. Still 9 hens, 1 roo, and all is well in the backyard chicken of my southern Oregon plot of 2 acres. I've been in the act of writing (3 books, one coming in the Fall per the publisher, and another stewing on my laptop) and my husband, remodeling bathroom so both of us have been going nuts! Glad to see ya all!
Hiya, and glad you're here! :frow Glad your chickens are doing well! Sounds like you two keep quite busy!!

Well funny you should ask. We asked our tiny flock of bantams to join us on a cross country track to the east coast via car last summer and they were such wonderful passengers. Now they're living in a wonderful yard with lots of trees and grass and 4 seasons to get used to. They are all very happy.
Awe, that's cool you took them with you! So many rehome theirs and I honestly couldn't do that either. Glad they are happy, and so are you! 😊

It has been a few years since I have posted. But I always check this site for experienced chicken owners and I love having this information easy to access. I have lost my mind and have exceeded my normal chick limit. Now I have to get another coop. But I love my girls and they love me every day.
Glad you're still here!! BYC rocks!

You didn't lose your mind...that's just chicken math. ❤️

That would be me - I became an accidental Back Yard Chicken Peep a year ago when I moved to a small rural subdivision outside if Medellin, Colombia with a flock of semi-feral free range hens that ranged the 9 lots in our subdivision. They have brought lots of joy and heartbreak and lots of learning. We now have Juanito, who we rescued when mama abandoned him, the only brown chick in a flock 9, all the rest black. We haven’t figured out how to tell him he’s a chicken! Until we can build him a proper roosting house outside he roosts on our TV. This week he is learning how to crow!

There are two broody hens who come by daily, we expect upwards of 30 chicks to hatch next week.
Hiya, Adriana! It's great to know you're still here among us!! :frow

Congrats on the new chicks!! A chicken roosting on the TV...now there's a new one!! :love

Back
Top Bottom