Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Thanks for the prompt. I'm living in Louisiana, but preparing to move to Central Texas...lots of research and taking my five hens with my family(Bell County, TX). Next month starts the move, chickens moving last (we have to secure the backyard for these five "new to the city" hens). They are familiar with the fence. I live in a place where it's ok to let the hens roam, but I like to be a good neighbor (good fences do make good neighbors, and keeps the errant stray dog out---stray cats get the caw caw call of hen distress). Where I'm moving--hens are allowed, no roosters and no free ranging. My birds are pet chickens, so the eggs are a bonus.
Welcome back and thanks for the update. I hope the move to your new home in Texas goes smoothly. Will you check back in when you get settled? I hope so.

Hello!
Did our first hatch in 2 years... got 10 of 12. Not bad. They're 4wks and outside already. Most are 1/8 barred rock, 7/8 Andalusians... was pretty happy with our 1/4, so looking fwd to these.
Be well, chickenators!
Welcome back! Congrats on getting 10 out of 12, that's great. Got any pictures of them? We love pictures.

View attachment 3813070View attachment 3813082View attachment 3813083View attachment 3813084View attachment 3813085View attachment 3813086View attachment 3813087View attachment 3813088View attachment 3813089View attachment 3813091View attachment 3813092It’s been very busy here. Last spring we added 4 more chicks, 1 Easter egger (she’s crazy lol), 1 Buff Orpington & 2 lavender Orpingtons. Hubby built a shed (air conditioned) with a nursery/infirmary. They integrated well with our older chickens, with no major problems. They are a year old now & thriving. So we are up to 7 hens, with 6 laying. We expanded their outside run for lots of space for them and added a misting system for our brutally hot summers.
View attachment 3813070
So many great pics & updates, thanks!

Awesome of hubby to build an AC shed... I'm jealous!

Well it definitely has been a busy few years, sadly my poor ducks were attacked by a wild animal that pulled them through the fence, its been hard dealing with their loss but i've put all that energy into building a new coop with deeper fencing that even has a over head fence. Don't have any birds yet till its done but I'm planning on raising some chicks soon!
Oh no, I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs

Busy and trying to catch up on life. Covid hit my house for the first time in December and it messed me up badly. The last two months I have finally been able to get out and start working on my property. The chicken yard was in bad need of repair so that has eaten a chunk of my time. My chickens and ducks are healthy and annoying as usual. Sadly we lost our sweet rooster August to a stray dog, that was a hard loss. Our senior duck Aster and hen June turned 7 years old this month and both are still laying daily.

Hello everyone, been real busy over the past few years starting my service therapy hybrid Silkie chicken business, doing silkie photography, and getting a Double Spine fusion, soooo been out of the loop for a while 😅.
20230614_152626.jpg
IMG_4844.jpg
1000000233.png
1000006016.jpg
Welcome back and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! 🇸🇮
How are you doing after your back surgery? I had my L5 & S1 fused, so I can relate!

Hello there, haven’t been on the sight in awhile. We gave our chickens away to some friends as our life has gotten busier lately. We may get some more chickens in the future, we’ll see.
This site has some good info on it. I’ll be using it again if we get chickens again
Thanks for stopping by! Can’t wait to see new flock!

Oh hey! Wasn't expecting to get an email notification from here today. I was very confused why anyone would message me haha

I haven't been checking on this site in a while since well. I haven't had chickens in 3 years, and I'm definitely not in a place in life where I can have em. (Tho me and my family very much want to be able to again)
So I don't really have anything much to post about. I also stopped gathering new chicken info since I dont have a way to use it right now. I've kinda put my chicken obsession in general to the side. I also just kinda forgot about this site honestly.
I do still love chickens. And one day I'd love to have some again! And have everything set up for them better than before. And of course, make a thread here sharing the whole journey.

But I don't know when that will be. Still a lot of stuff that would need to get better. And I probably won't be very active here till that happens. Might be a year, might even be 10 years. (I hope not 10 years tho)

So yeah basically life's been funky, and chickens motivation is very low.
Anyway I think this thread is a really cool idea, and I hope you guys all have a good day!
Welcome back and thanks for checking in. I hope that things improve for you and that life gets less funky. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom