Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
I’ve been really busy with my college classes, so I haven’t been on BYC in a while… my five chickens are doing amazing though and I have been blessed to not have any medical issues with them! Thanks for checking in on me!!!
Hello, and welcome back, it's great to hear from you. What are you studying in college?

:frowHi! Everything is going good. We have been busy tree planting and doing pre commercial thinning. Plus we have been busy with the new addition to our rescue cats. We didnt know if she was going to make it, but she did. She has had to have leg amputation, eye removal, her her stomach and intestines were in her chest cavity so they had to fix that, and she malnourished. She is doing fantastic now. The vet said that she thinks she got run over. I am just glad we found her!

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 8
Busy is an understatement!

I’m still working with my first time rooster Rudy. We have our good days and our moodier ones, but so far he’s been a gentleman with all other humans and is respectful of me 99% of the time. Currently dealing with a broody hen, which takes on a whole other meaning then she’s actually sitting on fertilized eggs. Sorry mama, but I’m maxed out on fluffbutts! Especially since I can’t seem to keep them out of my newly planted gardens. Why is the fresh dirt always more attractive when it has plants in it?!

All in all, things are good and the eggs are plentiful!
Welcome back! Love the picture of the hens on the porch!

:frowHi! Everything is going good. We have been busy tree planting and doing pre commercial thinning. Plus we have been busy with the new addition to our rescue cats. We didnt know if she was going to make it, but she did. She has had to have leg amputation, eye removal, her her stomach and intestines were in her chest cavity so they had to fix that, and she malnourished. She is doing fantastic now. The vet said that she thinks she got run over. I am just glad we found her!
Welcome back! Wow, thank you for rescuing the kitten, she is precious. I pray she makes a full recovery. :hugs

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hey! Thank you for checking in on us! We are plenty busy over here as I run a small business and this is "busy season". The girls are great...laying well....healthy. I switched up this past year and added Black Jersey Giants for meat to the flock of Barred Rock. Haven't butchered any yet...they are sweet girls and good layers.
Hope all of you are well and happy out there,
Dee

Aloha! Funny I just sent someone to this site the other day with a bumblefoot roo! We have 3 new Easter Egger chicks to add to our 12 other mixed crew! I've been exploring breeds and now have 2 Polish, 3 Spitzhaubens, a Silkie, a Mille d'Fleur, an Americana, a wild hen mix (8 yrs old now!), and a couple of layer mixes. I have continued to learn, from this site and others, how to be the only backyard chicken vet in the area. Thank you all for such wonderful information from many many years of experience! Keep posting! Attaching pic of our new coop for the babies!

Attachments

• Baby coop.jpg
    Baby coop.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi! It's been super busy around here lately. Just rehomed one of two roosters today. It was sad to see him go, but he will be much happier now that he doesn't have to compete with another rooster! Tomorrow, the baby chicks will be going outside and socializing with the older hens for the first time!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Looking for a job, my contract was not renewed at the end of December. On the plus side, I have able to care for my husband as he recovers from a two-month long battle with sepsis, resulting in 10 surgeries and a month long stay in hospital. On the not plus side, we are broke now and uncertain how long before we lose everything.

Huzza I'm aliveeeee. Mostly just up to work but. I do have 4 new chicky babies. Our turkey went broody so we snuck out one night have and gave her some beepers. She's been an awesome mom and the other chickens haven't dared to even look at those kids so far. Sweetpea walks around fully floofed out half the time. Not sure if she's just that proud of herself right now. Or if she's daring those girls to **** around a find out XD.
1000012297.jpg

Back
Top Bottom