Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hey howdy hello all you little Chicken tenders!
I'm enjoying an incredible (wet) spring here in the Ozarks. The grandkids came to visit and we added 15 chicks (yep... you know chicken math). Every one of them has a special name and personality, so this Nana needs to keep the grands updated with all the cute coop antics. Here are pics of my little flock... and then the additions! All adorable.
The grands also helped decorate the coop door! I couldn't ask for a more beautifully decorated coop.
OzarkNana
Beautiful flock & fabulous artwork!

Hello all,
We sold our chickens because we had a lot going on. I occasionally give chicken-keeping advice though to friends which is nice - to share the knowledge I have gained over the time that we did have chickens :)
Sorry you had to sell your chickens. :( But it's great you're still hanging around BYC. There is no shortage of chicken advice needed! And maybe you can even sort of get some of that joy you did from having chickens by seeing others' flocks on the threads here. :)

Hello all,
We sold our chickens because we had a lot going on. I occasionally give chicken-keeping advice though to friends which is nice - to share the knowledge I have gained over the time that we did have chickens :)
I'm sorry you had to sell them. Lots of people on BYC do not have poultry. Feel free to hang out!

What makes them your special favorites?
Outstanding variety of colors all in one.
Excellent personalities that are a little hard to explain unless you experience it.
-a great combination of tameness towards humans if raised with
good contact, yet good wariness when free-ranging.
Great foragers.
Mothering ability.
Decent layers of medium eggs that get larger as the birds age.
-I don't need a huge egg every day, got way too many eggs
anyway.LOL Pullets from last year are laying 3 out of 4 days,
older hens 2 out of 3 days, but a large egg.

Hi guys how are you doing....
i totally forgot about this page haha i didnt have any problems with chickens but i have now🥺
I have one white chicken she i eating and drinking but she i so skinny and i see in her mouth some yellow thing. I tought it was cancer and gave her RONIDAZOLE, but she is the same.
And other one has swollen eye i gave her medicine but it wont go away. I NEED HELP PLISS🙏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5387.jpeg
    IMG_5387.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5391.jpeg
    IMG_5391.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi guys how are you doing....
i totally forgot about this page haha i didnt have any problems with chickens but i have now🥺
I have one white chicken she i eating and drinking but she i so skinny and i see in her mouth some yellow thing. I tought it was cancer and gave her RONIDAZOLE, but she is the same.
And other one has swollen eye i gave her medicine but it wont go away. I NEED HELP PLISS🙏🏻
IMG_5392.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5393.jpeg
    IMG_5393.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 2
We've got 3 hens, thought about getting more this year ... probably big-bodied good layers such as Buff Orpingtons ... but with our new house getting finished up and moving in, we decided to wait until next year ... and build a bigger, nicer, coop and run (lots of hawks here, so the fenced-in run is necessary, including being enclosed by fencing on top)...
Hey there, just reading your post. I had a problem with hawks a few years back. We put in a fenced run & I put a scare crow up. Dressed up in my husbands old clothes. Jeans, flannel hoodie & hat with work gloves. Seems to have done the trick. Best of luck with your girls✌🐓

Back
Top Bottom