Aspirin Dosage!!

Greetings rosemarysugar,

I use aspirin for my chickens. A chicken can safely have up to 120 mg. of aspirin a day. I use a low dose 81 mg. tablet, which I split in half for a 40 mg. dose.

The single 40 mg. dose is for a standard size chicken. A bantam should have 20 mg. for a single dose.

And you can safely administer 3, 40 mg. doses per day, for a standard size chicken.

However, do take into account that aspirin can irritate the intestines, if used long term (more than 3 days). To avoid this, follow with food as a buffer.

Do not use aspirin if there is active bleeding.

Do not mix aspirin with Carprofen, or Ibupropfen as there is a drug interaction, in chickens.

I hope this was helpful.

God Bless :)

Greetings rosemarysugar,

I use aspirin for my chickens. A chicken can safely have up to 120 mg. of aspirin a day. I use a low dose 81 mg. tablet, which I split in half for a 40 mg. dose.

The single 40 mg. dose is for a standard size chicken. A bantam should have 20 mg. for a single dose.

And you can safely administer 3, 40 mg. doses per day, for a standard size chicken.

However, do take into account that aspirin can irritate the intestines, if used long term (more than 3 days). To avoid this, follow with food as a buffer.

Do not use aspirin if there is active bleeding.

Do not mix aspirin with Carprofen, or Ibupropfen as there is a drug interaction, in chickens.

I hope this was helpful.

God Bless :)

What happened to the 1 mg.? You'll lose a bit splitting the tablet. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom