6 week old chicks sneezing

I would stop the vinegar and garlic too. There's no need or purpose to giving these things.

An occasional sneeze is nothing to worry about. Watch for behaviors like sitting hunched or not eating and being sluggish. At their age they need a good chick starter and fresh clean water. A bit of scrambled eggs is a good treat. Otherwise nothing else is necessary.
I would stop the vinegar and garlic too. There's no need or purpose to giving these things.

An occasional sneeze is nothing to worry about. Watch for behaviors like sitting hunched or not eating and being sluggish. At their age they need a good chick starter and fresh clean water. A bit of scrambled eggs is a good treat. Otherwise nothing else is necessary.
Just update. All chickens been sneezing from time to time for a past week since my original post but today it’s been colder day and they sneezed more then usual. I noticed one of my chickens making rattling noises and heavy breathing. No mucous, no swelling anywhere, eyes and nose clear. Only lots of sneezing and head shaking. Rattling noise only from one of the chicks. They eating and drinking as usual. Could it be respiratory or something else? Thank you

Just update. All chickens been sneezing from time to time for a past week since my original post but today it’s been colder day and they sneezed more then usual. I noticed one of my chickens making rattling noises and heavy breathing. No mucous, no swelling anywhere, eyes and nose clear. Only lots of sneezing and head shaking. Rattling noise only from one of the chicks. They eating and drinking as usual. Could it be respiratory or something else? Thank you
Sorry to hear that.
I quickly went back through the thread, but didn't see where you mentioned how much ventilation is in your coop/where they are housed. Are they still sleeping in a cardboard box? Do they get plenty of fresh air at night?
They sleep at night time in big cardboard box with heat with shavings at night in a home. Day time I taking them out.

Mold, mildew, ammonia, dusty bedding and poor ventilation are all things to investigate as well. Even if birds have access to outside, if they are closed up tightly for the night without enough ventilation, then it would take hours for them to stop sneezing. Over time, if ventilation is lacking, then respiratory issues would escalate.

Back
Top Bottom