Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I've canned both potatoes and carrots. They are very nice to have on hand.

I also like to can a mixture of potatoes, carrots & celery. I use them in a potato cheddar soup recipe that I have, but also use them for a lot of other quick meals: 1. Add canned beef chunks for a quick soup or 2. Drain and mix with a white sauce or cream of mushroom/chicken/celery soup, add chicken, ground beef, or beef chunks and top with a biscuit or Bisquick topping or pie crust for a quick "pot pie" .... to mention a couple of ideas. Sometimes I need a "quick" meal idea, and I'm trying to use fewer store-bought prepared meals.

After digging out potatoes, we sort out the small well. Those get canned or used first.
Sounds like you have some wonderful meals from your canned items. Isn't it so easy to then make dinners?

From my front yard today
IMG_20240112_112626082_HDR~2.jpg

I hope today's temps in the 70's don't make the fruit trees bud out. We have a few nights of very hard freezes next week. I'm gonna have to cover the loquat tree and the banana tree.

Has anyone ever prepared a mixed vegetable blend for freezing? Like a mix of carrot, broccoli, snow peas, etc?

Looked at the farm store seed rack this morning. No beet seed. Mostly carry over seed from last year. Did fine eggplant. I like their bulk seed by the dipper that have way more seed than a packet for the same price. Got to get a table set up with the tray heating mat for some egg plant, tomatoes, and celery seed if I can find some local.

In my area these flowers show up in early spring
They can be white or yellow too
When I lived in Connecticut the crocuses would start blooming even if there were a layer of snow. Here in NC they emerge in January, as do daffodils. Those will start blooming in a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom