YO GEORGIANS! :)

New guy checking in here, I'm from South Georgia in a little town called Naylor just outside of Valdosta.
not to far away from me, I'm in Ochlocknee, just above Thomasville.
we have old south day Saturday, need to restock my cane syrup
1f60b.png
. They have a big old fashioned crusher and cooker making it fresh, you get it still hot

not to far away from me, I'm in Ochlocknee, just above Thomasville.
we have old south day Saturday, need to restock my cane syrup
1f60b.png
. They have a big old fashioned crusher and cooker making it fresh, you get it still hot
Wish I could come..
sad.png
We order ours from someone in south GA. It is really hard to find good cane syrup, you know without added corn syrup!

And why can't we find cane sugar anymore..all major brands are now just sugar = sugar beet sugar. And it's not the same.

I either use that, or maple syrup.
Mule day was last Saturday over in cavalry, but their syrup tastes different, they don't cook it the same way.

Most pancake syrup has high fructose corn syrup as the first or second ingredient.
1f616.png

Last edited:
We have a sick hen. I saw that she was just standing around yesterday afternoon falling asleep. She is usually into everything. I thought she may have been egg bound so I let her soak in some warm water for a while. No chane this morning so I took her to the local vet. She told me up front that she was not an Avian vet but would try to help as best she could. She tested her for Coccidiosis and it came up negative but she said it may just be too early to tell. She does have a bacterial infection from bumblefoot so she is now on an antibiotic. I had no idea her feet had sores on them because she walked and ran as usual. Now I'm just hoping the meds work and that she doesn't have anything contagious.

Nevermind,I bookmarked it and forgot. Im thinking I need to take a field trip to visit one of the chicken veterans on here. There are little to no chicken owners near me in the Atl. I only have 7 but want to add more hens in the spring. I still need to give away to roosters and I'm willing to drive to see them go to a good home, thought maybe I could convince one of you to take them and I could pick your brain about chicken owning, winter setup, etc. Did I mention that we get free produce (almost anything you can think of we get) and I could load you up before the holiday? Any takers?

Back
Top Bottom