Wouldn't member directories by state be great?

I thinks its a great idea too.
big_smile.png

It would be nice to be able to know who is near you, especially when someone has something for sale or give away and it is not in the post. We could make it so that you have to opt in for the list so anyone who has any concerns may remain off the list without having to worry about accidentally getting on the list.

Quote:
My idea is to have the directory list only what is already visible on BYC anyways...such as email, pm, byc page, website.

And only include your byc name....NOT your real name. The directory would only contain information that fellow members already have access to....nothing more.

Quote:
My idea is to have the directory list only what is already visible on BYC anyways...such as email, pm, byc page, website.

And only include your byc name....NOT your real name. The directory would only contain information that fellow members already have access to....nothing more.

that is such a good way to plan it! smart!!!

Quote:
If the list ONLY contains information that is already viewable by fellow byc members (user name, pm, email, website, byc page), then an opting in/out would not be necessary. I definitely wouldn't want anyone's phone, address, real name, etc. listed. That's crossing the lines of privacy.

It does sound like a good idea, but how would someone go about it and who could tackle such a job? I would like to know who's close and how to contact them as long as too much info is not available to just anyone.

I don't care how much info is provided here as long as the police can't trace me to where I am.

I wish everyone would click "Profile" on the dark blue line above, then click Personal and put in what state they live in.

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
amen to the state entry in profile! The state list- not so good an idea as it seems, due to scammers, annoyers, etc. I work on several sites, and have to fend them off constantly.

Back
Top Bottom